• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Age: Origins
  3. Xp glitch worth it ?

User Info: jazsper77

jazsper77
7 months ago#1
Hey all ready to do another play through after 5 yrs and I was trying to remember if the xp/level glitch in Lothering was worth it. Couldn’t remember if the enemies scaled to your level or if it messed with your squads ability to level.

Thx

User Info: Distant_Rainbow

Distant_Rainbow
7 months ago#2
No, not worth it, because you'll reach max level anyway by the end of the game as long as you don't skip sidequests, and there's no enemy scaling so you'll cheese the remaining encounters of the game with your overleveled characters.

I don't even do the exploit of buying infinite Elfroot to donate for XP. Just forget about XP and just allot stat points/learn talents as they come. Unless your goal is to cheese and steamroll the enemies all you want in the first place, in which case, well, go ahead.
Link meets Fire Emblem in CYOA: Tales of Elibe! Come read, and find out what happens! Click below!
https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/468480-fire-emblem/77111212

User Info: jazsper77

jazsper77
7 months ago#3
Thanks for the reply, been so long I forgot if certain things were worth doing.

User Info: Drahd

Drahd
5 months ago#4
Distant_Rainbow posted...
No, not worth it, because you'll reach max level anyway by the end of the game as long as you don't skip sidequests, and there's no enemy scaling so you'll cheese the remaining encounters of the game with your overleveled characters.

I don't even do the exploit of buying infinite Elfroot to donate for XP. Just forget about XP and just allot stat points/learn talents as they come. Unless your goal is to cheese and steamroll the enemies all you want in the first place, in which case, well, go ahead.

The areas scale when you enter them, so only the first area will be steamrolled. Once the attack begins every enemy will be scaled up to max level.
I've been through the desert on a horse with no name.

User Info: UnfairRepresent

UnfairRepresent
5 months ago#5
no
^ Hey now that's completely unfair!
https://imgtc.com/i/bHqCLJF.png https://i.imgtc.com/YnvkpvU.png

User Info: EvilTyger

EvilTyger
5 months ago#6
Money glitch however, totally worth it. get those cool 100+Gold gear bits and a mountain of Runes for the Circle.

User Info: LonerwolfM

LonerwolfM
3 months ago#7
The main problem with both of the experience quests is it increases the levels of the upcoming new characters.

JMHO but you want to try and get Sten before he hits lvl 8 otherwhise you will not be able to give him his 2nd specialization
GT LONER WOLF - Makoto, GT LONER WOLF 02 - Yata. Feel free to send 1 or both FR if need be:~) Enjoy ! Hopefully that message doesnt need retyped :~}

User Info: Distant_Rainbow

Distant_Rainbow
3 months ago#8
LonerwolfM posted...
JMHO but you want to try and get Sten before he hits lvl 8 otherwhise you will not be able to give him his 2nd specialization

Wrong. Sten has no second specialization, and recruiting him at level 7 or under will not change that.

I assume the problem is because he's the only companion who doesn't have his own specialization by default(excepting the special ones, i.e. Shale and Dog) yet he was programmed the same way where they only get one specialization point, upon hitting level 14.

If you want Sten to have a second specialization, the only way is to mod the game in the PC version.
Link meets Fire Emblem in CYOA: Tales of Elibe! Come read, and find out what happens! Click below!
https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/468480-fire-emblem/77111212

User Info: Foreman22

Foreman22
3 months ago#9
The item glitch with Bodan is still king. Max out stats and skills is awesome for a god run.
Frjalslyndisminn laoar ao peim sem hallast ao tilfinningum i stao greindar.

User Info: LonerwolfM

LonerwolfM
1 month ago#10
Distant_Rainbow posted...
Wrong. Sten has no second specialization, and recruiting him at level 7 or under will not change that.

I assume the problem is because he's the only companion who doesn't have his own specialization by default(excepting the special ones, i.e. Shale and Dog) yet he was programmed the same way where they only get one specialization point, upon hitting level 14.

If you want Sten to have a second specialization, the only way is to mod the game in the PC version.

I have to respectfully disagree with this. I did a playthru with a Male City Elf Rogue and went and got Sten while My Warden was still at a low level 6. In doing that when he hit level 7 and I upgraded him I was able to choose a specialization for him. Then again when he hit level 14 the 2nd specialization popped. I wouldnt do it again as it wasn't worth the skipping things in order to do it in my opinion but it IS possible if you do.

The problem is you usually get Sten at level 7 or higher so his points are already spent and the specialization chance is lost.

In order to accomplish it you must be low enough that the experience of leting Sten out of the cage <either by key or lockpick> does NOT push your Warden over level 6. If it does push you to level 7 then he AI assigns Sten those points and the chance is lost.

GT LONER WOLF - Makoto, GT LONER WOLF 02 - Yata. Feel free to send 1 or both FR if need be:~) Enjoy ! Hopefully that message doesnt need retyped :~}
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Age: Origins
  3. Xp glitch worth it ?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A