What order should I do ALL the DlC from Ultimate Edition?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Age: Origins
  3. What order should I do ALL the DlC from Ultimate Edition?

User Info: RPGNinja123

RPGNinja123
5 years ago#1
Question is in the topic but I have the Ultimate Edition and just wondering what the vets think is the best way to go about this?
Currently Playing: Dark Souls (just PvPing and Coop), XCOM Enemy Unknown
Games on Deck : Dragon Age 1, Deus Ex, , FO:NV

User Info: Veraxulous

Veraxulous
5 years ago#2
RPGNinja123 posted...
Question is in the topic but I have the Ultimate Edition and just wondering what the vets think is the best way to go about this?

The following DLC are integrated into the main Origins campaign:

The Stone Prisoner: has a lot of powerful equipment and a powerful companion who can assist you throughout the game complete with banter and contribution to NPC conversations. It's probably the best to do first.

Warden's Keep: when you encounter the "meteor" random encounter, you could pursue this DLC. After beating it, you can exchange the meteor metal for one of the best weapons in the game. You'll also unlock an item storage chest, so this might be a good thing to get early if you just can't bring yourself to sell items.

Return to Ostagar: bringing companions who were at Ostagar gives more dialogue, so you could wait a bit for this one. "What's an Ostagar?" well, it's a place you'll return to.

Feastday Gifts/Pranks: just a bunch of free items in the shop at camp. Beware: a redheaded rogue companion's personal quest (which yields their best weapon) will not be available if you max Affection before talking the quest out of them. (These super gifts give +50 affection - many of the prank items turn into equippable gear.)

------------------------------------
After completing Dragon Age: Origins, you can play the DLC in this order:

1. Darkspawn Chronicles (or #2 but this one will be more fresh in your mind)
2. Leliana's Song (or #1)
3. Dragon Age: Awakening (expansion -- Darkspawn/Song are tied more closely to Origins while the following two take place after Awakening)
4. Golems of Amgarrak
5. Witch Hunt

The non-Origins DLC campaigns have item unlockables for both Origins and Awakening tied in to achievements. You probably don't want to read too much about the DLCs until beating the game/s. You may also link your game to a Bioware account and download all of the promotional pre-order equipment / flash game rewards for free.

User Info: belisar6

belisar6
5 years ago#3
If you're playing a dual-wielding rogue, you might want to do Warden's Keep right after Lothering (or even before finishing it). You get some armor that's nice for backstabbing, but you want a lower tier version of it for a rogue so that it has a lower strength requirement to equip it.

Just make sure you finish up Lothering afterwards, if you skipped any of it.
We were going full speed ahead... but facing backwards the whole time.

User Info: RPGNinja123

RPGNinja123
5 years ago#4
Thanks alot guys I am going to keep this topic for safekeeping thanks to your help.
Currently Playing: Dark Souls (just PvPing and Coop), XCOM Enemy Unknown
Games on Deck : Dragon Age 1, Deus Ex, , FO:NV

User Info: Super Creatures

Super Creatures
5 years ago#5
Note that Awakening, GoA, and WH allow you to import your Warden, or create a new character.

The order you are allowed to import is Origins campaign->Awakening->GoA->WH, this is also the chronological order..

You can choose to skip content, but you cannot import in any other order.

Also, just so you know, DC is an alternate reality where you play as a darkspawn during the final battle, where the Warden did not survive Ostagar, and LS is a version of Leliana's backstory. and both contain spoilers for Origins.

Note that they are completely stand-alone campaigns, and each one unlocks a single item for use in Origins/Awakening.

Veraxulous posted...
Warden's Keep: when you encounter the "meteor" random encounter, you could pursue this DLC. After beating it, you can exchange the meteor metal for one of the best weapons in the game. You'll also unlock an item storage chest, so this might be a good thing to get early if you just can't bring yourself to sell items.

You don't need to get the encounter to do the quest (in fact, the encounter itself isn't even part of the DLC), and you don't need the ore before doing the quest to get Starfang, you can always go back to Soldier's Peak whenever you want (prior to the endgame anyway).
R.I.P. Eve English (Feb. 12, 1968 - Oct. 13, 2010)
Momma Eve, you will be missed.

User Info: Moogle_Yuna

Moogle_Yuna
5 years ago#6
I always do Warden's Keep straight after the first campfire, after Lothering. For some reason, I can't get enough of my magical storage chest!
---
Touch not the cat bot a glove.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Age: Origins
  3. What order should I do ALL the DlC from Ultimate Edition?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived