• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Age: Origins
  3. Defiling The Urn Of Sacred Ashes *Minor Spoilers* And Upgrading Gear
Flying_Paladin 10 years ago#1
After I head healed Arl Eamon I went back to the temple to pour the dragon's blood in the urn. My party consisted of Morrigan, Shale, and Sten. I went back to camp and was confronted by Wynne, who then left me forever. I purposely did not take her to the temple for a reason because I did not want her to turn against me. Is there no way to put the blood in the urn without losing her?

Also, I sold some worthless armor to the dwarf in your camp. When next I look at his wares I see that what I sold him was suddenly seventh tier. I was under the impression that this only happened at Warden's Keep. Does this mean that all shops have the ability to improve the quality of weapons & armor?
greenyoshi067 10 years ago#2
1. Not unless you do it before recruiting her, and even then I'm not 100% sure it'll work, never tried it.

2. Yes.
Yes, yes I have no signature. Move along people.
Fraust 10 years ago#3
You do not gain anything for defiling the ashes so just do not do it. If it is for role playing reasons though just bring Wynne with you so you get the pleasure of killing her.
HolyGigo 10 years ago#4
You do not gain anything for defiling the ashes so just do not do it. If it is for role playing reasons though just bring Wynne with you so you get the pleasure of killing her.

This. In fact, that's what I'll be doing later today as I prepare a file for DA2. I hope it matters...

The chest in Warden's Keep also upgrades gear for free if you put something in, return to camp, then come back. It'll increase the tier to match your level, though it won't work on anything with a rune attatched, and not every item is affected (a few named weapons). Almost all items work, so it's not a big deal if the Aeducan Mace stays the same, right? It's probably the best part of the Keep, really.

Sometimes you need to go back and forth because it will also lower the tier... useful for giving weaker characters decent magic armor, but confusing if you don't realize what the chest is doing.
"I'll let my guns do the preaching."
Fraust 10 years ago#5
I like the blacksmith the best. I like how he can put rune slots on any weapon that can have them. It is such a pain hoping you randomly get rune slots on crow daggers for instance dealing with normal shops.
The-Mutant 10 years ago#6
Not entirely true- you do get the Reaver specialization for defiling them. Buuut it kinda sucks (and after you do it once, the specialization is forever unlocked in all playthroughs), so really, yeah, only reason to do it is for major personal YOU BASTARD points. And if you really didn't like Wynne or Leliana.
This place has outlasted its usefulness... as have you! -Kain (Soul Reaver)
HolyGigo 10 years ago#7
^ Heh heh... my current bloodmage-Warden despises the Chantry. I'm purposely taking Morrigan, Wynne, and Leliana, although Leliana is hardened at this point. Still, let's hope for a nice decapitation to finish off Ms. I-Know-More-Than-You. (evil grin)

As for the smithy... I am too poor to buy back all my stuff... :/
"I'll let my guns do the preaching."
Super Creatures 10 years ago#8
TC, ever notice that merchants start with tier 1 equipment, but by end-game, those same merchants have that same gear at tier 7?

Guess why that is.
R.I.P. Eve English (Feb. 12, 1968 - Oct. 13, 2010)
Momma Eve, you will be missed.
Flying_Paladin 10 years ago#9
I guess I can't have both then? Oh well.
Roninzeta 10 years ago#10
This game likes to give you good/bad choices, then kick you in the nuts if you choose to be bad. Very unbalanced, though I suppose losing Wynne and possibly Leliana makes sense in the context. You just corrupted the remains of their Jesus.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Age: Origins
  3. Defiling The Urn Of Sacred Ashes *Minor Spoilers* And Upgrading Gear
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A