• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Age: Origins
  3. Thinking about buying this game digitally... Do I still have to pay for the DLC?

User Info: Exystence

Exystence
1 year ago#1
If yes, then I'll just end up buying an Ultimate Edition disc, but I've read some conflicting/confusing things about how you can download the DLC for free through an in-game connection to BioWare's store. Is that true for the PS3 version?
~Exy || rateyourmusic.com/~Exystence
Don't be a henchman! Stand on your laurels! Do what no one else does and praise the good of other men for good man's sake!

User Info: CalculatorRamza

CalculatorRamza
1 year ago#2
I'm not sure what you heard; it might refer to the Stone Prisoner DLC that was always free. I don't know of any mechanism where the regular story DLC is available for free that wasn't to start with. If you can get a good price on an Ultimate Edition disc, that's generally the best way to go.

User Info: Exystence

Exystence
1 year ago#3
Thanks! Yeah, it was probably just my reading comprehension skills failing me. Or wishful thinking. Or a combination of both!
~Exy || rateyourmusic.com/~Exystence
Don't be a henchman! Stand on your laurels! Do what no one else does and praise the good of other men for good man's sake!

User Info: EvilTyger

EvilTyger
1 year ago#4
I think when buying it through Origin for PC, you have the option to get or upgrade to the Ultimate Edition with all DLC.

Consoles are screwed thouh.

User Info: c_s_tadsen

c_s_tadsen
1 year ago#5
PS3 Ultimate Edition can be bought on Amazon for as low as $15 (as of like, 35 seconds ago). Given the replay value I've gotten from the game- probably about 220-250 hours over several years- I say that's an extremely worthwhile purchase.
<(0.0<) <(0.0)^ ^(0.0)^ ^(0.0)> (>0.0)>==============O
"Kirby... Ka... Me... Ha... Me... HAAAAA!!!!!!"

User Info: Hikaridf

Hikaridf
1 year ago#6
Buy it on GOG. It's DRM-free and u get the setup that install all DLÇ.

Don't buy the DVD, it requires to be on the drive every time u play it.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Age: Origins
  3. Thinking about buying this game digitally... Do I still have to pay for the DLC?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A