• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Age: Origins
  3. Final battle Alastair romance

User Info: Sep2299

Sep2299
1 year ago#1
Hi,
So I’m a female elf romancing Alastair. If i choose to have loghain kill the archedemon and i don’t do morrigans ritual, Do both me and Alastair still live? I think I’ve decided to not have him be King, does this influence the outcome i want? (Loghain kills archdemon and dies doing so, Alastair does not have sex with morrigan, i don’t die, we live happily ever after lol)

User Info: Distant_Rainbow

Distant_Rainbow
1 year ago#2
There are a few problems in your inquiry.

- If you choose to let Loghain live, you automatically break your relationship/romance with Alistair, as well as have him permanently leave the party. The game will consider that there was no romance between you at all, period.

- If you choose to let Loghain live and not allow Alistair to become king, the only choices open for you regarding Alistair is to have him be executed, or banished from Ferelden to become a drunken hobo. For the latter, you have to plead to Anora to not execute him at the end of the Landsmeet.

- Since Alistair leaves upon Loghain being spared, you have no choice regarding whether to have him participate in Morrigan's ritual. Since you are female, the only person who can take part in her ritual is Loghain himself.

In short, the outcome you want is impossible outright. If Loghain is spared at the Landsmeet, you're not getting any happy ending with Alistair whatsoever, you either see him beheaded for treason, or him leaving your party while cursing you for your decision to let Loghain live.
Link meets Fire Emblem in CYOA: Tales of Elibe! Come read, and find out what happens! Click below!
https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/468480-fire-emblem/77111212

User Info: Sep2299

Sep2299
1 year ago#3
Distant_Rainbow posted...
There are a few problems in your inquiry.

- If you choose to let Loghain live, you automatically break your relationship/romance with Alistair, as well as have him permanently leave the party. The game will consider that there was no romance between you at all, period.

- If you choose to let Loghain live and not allow Alistair to become king, the only choices open for you regarding Alistair is to have him be executed, or banished from Ferelden to become a drunken hobo. For the latter, you have to plead to Anora to not execute him at the end of the Landsmeet.

- Since Alistair leaves upon Loghain being spared, you have no choice regarding whether to have him participate in Morrigan's ritual. Since you are female, the only person who can take part in her ritual is Loghain himself.

In short, the outcome you want is impossible outright. If Loghain is spared at the Landsmeet, you're not getting any happy ending with Alistair whatsoever, you either see him beheaded for treason, or him leaving your party while cursing you for your decision to let Loghain live.
Well dang guess he’s screwing morrigan lol

User Info: Guinevere

Guinevere
1 year ago#4
This reminds me of my very first playthrough as an elven mage romancing an unhardened Alistair. It did not go well. I couldn't even look at the game for about a week afterwards. The subsequent million playthroughs went a lot better. lol. This is one of the finest games ever in my world.
lady of silences,
calm and distressed, torn and most whole.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Age: Origins
  3. Final battle Alastair romance
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A