• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Age: Origins
  3. Redcliffe village question *spoilers*

User Info: cubcgy

cubcgy
3 years ago#1
I was wondering how many main quests you can complete before you have to visit Redcliffe Village for the first time? Like, if you just never actually visit it, could you theoretically complete Orzammar, the Brecelian Outskirts, and the Circle before you visit Redcliffe, or would that result in an automatic loss to defending the village? My goal is to raise my mage and Wynne to a high level first to collect a lot of beneficial spells for the battle.
Sorry if this has been answered before; I searched “Redcliffe” and “village” in the forums, and I didn’t find anything answering the time limit for Redcliffe WITHOUT ever visiting the village for the first time.
Always looking for more friends! 5472-8279-8422 :)

User Info: Distant_Rainbow

Distant_Rainbow
3 years ago#2
As far as I know, the countdown for the battle to defend Redcliffe only starts when you set foot in the town and you talk to the townee who pleads for your help.

So, yeah, if you take care to never set foot in Redcliffe, you'll be able to complete all of the other three main quests before visiting it for the first time.

Though there could possibly be a problem regarding completing sidequests, say for instance you had to nip by Redcliffe for something first, then go to someone or someplace that's dead/unvisitable by the time you'd already completed three main quests(e.g. Lothering). To my knowledge there's no such thing, but my memory's honestly a bit sketchy on this issue. As such, I'd recommend checking out a few guides regarding sidequests such as the Chanter's Board or the Blackstone Irregulars just to be on the safe side, in case you're a completionist.
Link meets Fire Emblem in CYOA: Tales of Elibe! Come read, and find out what happens! Click below!
https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/468480-fire-emblem/76125431

User Info: cubcgy

cubcgy
3 years ago#3
Ok, thanks! I’m going to give it a shot
Always looking for more friends! 5472-8279-8422 :)
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Age: Origins
  3. Redcliffe village question *spoilers*
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A