• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Age: Origins
  3. Ways to get bonus talent points

User Info: ripstrawberry

ripstrawberry
10 years ago#1
Besides the 2 extra you get at level 1, 4 from the tomes and 1 extra from becoming a grey warden, is there any other way to get a talent point besides levelling up? i don't want to dupe tomes.
In life, there are winners. Then, there are losers. Be jealous.

User Info: VoidShaman

VoidShaman
10 years ago#2
I believe there is not.
GRAVITY PIG GUN!!!

User Info: calvin_0

calvin_0
10 years ago#3
i think you get

3 x Tome of Skill and Sundry (+1 stats, +1 skill)
2 x Tome of the Mortal Vessel (+1 stats)
3 x Tome of Physical Technique (+1 stats, +1 warrior\ rogue talent)
3 x Tome of Arcane Technique (+1 stats, +1 mage talent)

iirc you also get an extra skill or stats point on

-after joining
-after being declare as champion of redclift
You cant compare RE5 to Dead Space, its like comparing a broken SDTV to brand new HDTV.
Supended on Gamefaqs:- 2; Other Forum:- 0

ripstrawberry
10 years ago#4
3 x Tome of Skill and Sundry (+1 stats, +1 skill)

I don't remember it giving any attribute point to distribute. Did it? Can anybody else confirm this?

-after being declare as champion of redclift

do you just get a talent point here or do you also get an attribute point as well? Forgot about this.

You can get a talent+attribute tome from that demon you get the blood mage specialization from.

User Info: calvin_0

calvin_0
10 years ago#5
"do you just get a talent point here or do you also get an attribute point as well? Forgot about this."

i dont remember, but it seems that if you get talent point, you will get a stats point.
You cant compare RE5 to Dead Space, its like comparing a broken SDTV to brand new HDTV.
Supended on Gamefaqs:- 2; Other Forum:- 0

ripstrawberry
10 years ago#6
^
Can anybody else confirm there if there is an attribute as well as talent bonus in redcliffe?

User Info: widget624

widget624
10 years ago#7
You get a attribute point every time you get a bonus talent or skill regardless whether it's from a quest or tome. I think it's simply since you need to input something on the attribute screen to advance to the skill or talent screens
So my grammar is bad don't blame me, blame the teachers who taught it to me!

ripstrawberry
10 years ago#8
You get a attribute point every time you get a bonus talent or skill regardless whether it's from a quest or tome. I think it's simply since you need to input something on the attribute screen to advance to the skill or talent screens

Including the skill and sundry tomes? Oh and widget am I forgetting anything regarding the free talents in the game besides the redcliffe one?

User Info: widget624

widget624
10 years ago#9
Skill books give you an attribute point as well. I think you get something after deciding a ruler after landsmeet but I can't remember if that's a bonus talent or a bonus skill. I have been looking around trying to find an answer for you but I haven't had any luck. The only thing I have to go on is my AW had 30 talents at lvl 22 not including arcane bolt, I got all 3 tomes + the one from the desire demon, 1 after the joining and 1 after Redcliff so that puts my total at 29 so I must have got another from other some other source I just can't remember where, of course I could have got it from somewhere obvious I've just forgotten about it you'll point out to me.
So my grammar is bad don't blame me, blame the teachers who taught it to me!

ripstrawberry
10 years ago#10
^
30 talents at level 22 sounds right. 21 for levelling 3 from tomes, 1 from desire demon, 1 from joining, 1 from redcliffe, 1 arcane bolt, 2 at character creation. I had an AW my 1st run and he had 32 spells (used the glitch to get to 25 but I unlocked blood mage so I missed the tome there) but I was still wondering if I missed any. Are you positive skill books give a bonus attribute point dude?
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Age: Origins
  3. Ways to get bonus talent points
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A