• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Last Remnant
  3. RemnantAssistant SpeedBooster - Sprint, Turbo and Talk silencer
play_time 2 years ago#1
If the PS4 can have sprint mode, so should the PC. I expect the remastered version to come to the PC by the end of the year, but until then here is a tool that allows Rush to sprint plus a couple of other features.

I do not have a PS4 - most of my information about sprint mode has been courtesy of Atmaone and some from the PS4 board; he ran a timing run for me so I could match the PS4 speed on the PC. He made a quick (not extensive) test of this yesterday and pointed out an error regarding button mapping, and suggested a toggle mode would be useful. The tool allows choosing either "Hold" the left shoulder button as on the PS4 or toggle the shoulder to turn sprint on/off. It will likely have some differences, but the big thing it gives is the same 2x speed for most exploration.

The tool also allows battle animations to be accelerated. I have seen enough Divain "mule kicks" and Spiritwoods farting/belching Silent Gas that I am interested in the battle results and not the graphics most of the time. There are still rare monsters I have not seen, so I slow back down to see how the artists presented them.

In a recent run, the unique leaders really irritated me when many (a dozen, give or take) asked for materials or to go fight monsters. This tool can shut up either talk - it does not affect focus questions.

The zip file contains both the .NET 35 and 45 versions:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/lld7hgh0pkp1s4v/SpeedBooster.zip/file

md5 sha1 file for verification:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/z62rnr28fi8qwre/SpeedBooster_md5_sha1.txt/file
I've forgotten everything I knew about whatever it was I did for whoever it was I worked.
Atmaone 2 years ago#2
I just want to express that this is an excellent and very much appreciated tool for the PC version. Thank you for putting forth the time and effort to continue to improve this game, play_time.
play_time 2 years ago#3
I forgot to test an aspect of starting the tool - thanks to p1nkp4nther for letting me know about it (tool would crash if started before the game).

It is corrected now - same link as above for the files.
I've forgotten everything I knew about whatever it was I did for whoever it was I worked.
  1. Boards
  2. The Last Remnant
  3. RemnantAssistant SpeedBooster - Sprint, Turbo and Talk silencer
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A