What components do you sell?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XIII
  3. What components do you sell?

User Info: Bubby82102

Bubby82102
1 year ago#1
I'm struggling with getting money, and also when to start upgrading my weapons and accessories. I'm starting chapter 8 no haven't upgraded anyone's stuff yet, and only hve about 5600 Gil that I've found in chests because I haven't sold any components or weapons. So any advice would be great as far as what components are ok to sell, and any other way to build up some Gil too.

Thanks

Bubby

User Info: Krobelus

Krobelus
1 year ago#2
some things are meant to be sold, such as credit/incentive chips, it should say something like "premium currency" in the description
The only equal to myself, is myself

User Info: Thrasher7170

Thrasher7170
1 year ago#3
Selling certain duplicate accessories might also be worthwhile. Who needs ten silver bangles anyhow?
Playing Fates again for the heck of it. Might use My Castle, might not...

User Info: tiornys

tiornys
1 year ago#4
Circa chapter 8, your main source of renewable gil is Credit Chips, Incentive Chips, and excess Phoenix Downs (sell for 500 gil, just like Credit Chips). Your options for farming more gil (or XP-bearing components) are not great compared to what is available in chapter 9, so generally I would recommend pushing through at least this chapter before you consider any farming (in chapter 9, any area with several Soldier fights is good for farming).

As far as weapons and accessories go, the only limited access items you have are some single element resistance rings (e.g. Spark Ring) and one-two Doctor's Codes. You can feel free to sell off anything else, although you must keep at least one weapon per character. If you're planning to pursue Treasure Hunter, realize that any weapons you sell now will have to be repurchased later.

Regardless, you should have a solid collection of organic and inorganic components from treasure spheres and post-battle drops. I highly recommend using these on upgrading now, even if you don't spend any gil. Black Belts are cheap to upgrade and strong when upgraded, and Power Wristband/Magician's Mark are cheap upgrades that are still decently powerful. Shaman's Mark and Brawler's Wristband are significantly more powerful but also significantly more expensive. If you're looking at upgrading those items, consider also upgrading some cheaper weapons for your Commandos (Blazefire Saber, Wild Bear, Vega 42's, Bladed Lance).

The resources you have now are chump change compared to what you can gain access to in the next few chapters, so feel free to experiment with them. Any "wasteful" mistakes you might make won't be very significant in the long run.

Going forward, keep an eye out for Royal Armlets and Entite Rings. Both of these accessories are safe to sell and worth selling; they're worth a bunch and there are very few scenarios where wearing them is even competitive with other, cheaper accessories, let alone better.
http://etrosgate.com/

Bubby82102
1 year ago#5
Ok, thanks, I'm up to chapter 11 now, and haven't upgraded anyone's weapons at all yet. Still seem to be doing ok in battles and getting 5 stars most of the time. Reasons I haven't upgraded is I don't have a lot of Gil and the mechanical components seem quite expensive. Have a lot of organic components though. Don't have a lot of mechanic components for some reason.

tiornys
1 year ago#6
5-star battle ratings care (roughly) about how well you fight given the stats you have. Upgrading your weapons won't have a major impact on your ratings, but it will help you complete battles faster. It can also allow you to take a much more direct approach to many battles.

As far as gil goes, the best way to raise money in early chapter 11 is to pursue missions until you unlock Chocobos and then plunder the Steppe.

Bubby82102
1 year ago#7
Are the chocobo treasure hunts repeatable?

tiornys
1 year ago#8
Each time the game loads the Steppe, it distributes 5 findable treasures among 20 possible locations. Most of the time you get random results, and in that sense it is repeatable. However, the 1st, 5th, 10th, 15th, and 20th digs give fixed rewards. The Gold Nugget on 1st dig and Entite Ring on 15th dig both sell for 60k, and there's a treasure sphere you can access by Chocobo that also sells for 60k, so that's an easy 180k gil from accessing Chocobos without even getting into random dig results or all the other treasures scattered around.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XIII
  3. What components do you sell?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived