Want the Growth Egg Early? Here's How! (minimal spoilers)

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XIII
  3. Want the Growth Egg Early? Here's How! (minimal spoilers)

User Info: Space_Cowboy333

Space_Cowboy333
7 years ago#21
marked for later, thanks
X360 - Space Cowboy333 / PS3 - Space_Cowboy_333

User Info: Mirokumatt

Mirokumatt
7 years ago#22
this is funny because i did this like 14 hours ago (all my character have maxed their top 3 specialty roles), nice guide for those who did not figure it out on their own. Very nice.
Gamertag: G4ymBoy
"I don't think I could stab somebody, cause I'm really bad at a Capri Sun." -Daniel Tosh

User Info: eroytapel

eroytapel
7 years ago#23
I would use Van/Snow/Hope w/ Sab/Sent/Med, Rev/Com/Med, Rev/Sent/Med, Med/Sent/Med and Rev/Com/Rev. And at-least 3 general belts on Snow.

After Death works summon your eidolon which will severely weaken the minions. Then switch the 2nd paradisgm and go back n forth between that and the 3n 4th. Once only 1 guy is left switch to the last.

IMO using 2 attackers/blasters is really pushing it to get a 5 star rating.
The best part about it is since you're so woefully underlevel, this pretty much guarantees a 5 star rating.
Sign my petition to ban petitions. 528 signatures. http://www.petitiononline.com/1337cl/petition.html

User Info: AgentNoun

AgentNoun
7 years ago#25
You're probably going to get a five-star on this one if you kill the Neochu with Death no matter what you do. I think when I did it the target time was something like 20 minutes, and I finished it in 5 and a half. I just preferred to play it safe rather than offensively, but it's certainly possible to do it more quickly, especially with Hecatoncheir's help.
If you're having trouble with the final mission of Mass Effect 2, go here:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.php?board=944907&topic=53850411

User Info: wheelchairboy

wheelchairboy
7 years ago#26
tag
"These wheels are made for rollin', and that's just what they'll do, and one of these days these wheels are gonna roll all over you!" :)

User Info: eroytapel

eroytapel
7 years ago#27
If you always keep hope as a med and snow as a sent and just spam death for the whole battle then you are NOT guaranteed a five star. I know from first hand experience. Death does not deal that much damage and is pretty random for when it works.

Summon + 2 ppl on offense = FT5star

User Info: CloakedNub

CloakedNub
7 years ago#28
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

I tried him for a second time after reading this. Used my first death on one of the little guys by accident. Then the fourth Death on him and he died. Spent 9 minutes killing the rest of them. I used Vanille's summon for the first time, on the last guy. Worked up a full gestalt meter, and just blasted his final attack. Broke the 100k for that achievement in the process.

ILY!

User Info: AgentNoun

AgentNoun
7 years ago#29
If you always keep hope as a med and snow as a sent and just spam death for the whole battle then you are NOT guaranteed a five star. I know from first hand experience. Death does not deal that much damage and is pretty random for when it works.

You only spam Death until the Neochu is dead. For the Picochus, you spam Firaga, which will kill them much more quickly than Death.
If you're having trouble with the final mission of Mass Effect 2, go here:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.php?board=944907&topic=53850411

User Info: AtlasHG

AtlasHG
7 years ago#30
Thanks for the strat I got my growth egg :) I failed twice and on the third time i deathed him on the first try without realizing it so I got all confused haha. But I have a question. Does the growth egg have to be equipped on my main 3 or on anyone?
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XIII
  3. Want the Growth Egg Early? Here's How! (minimal spoilers)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived