• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Witcher: Enhanced Edition
  3. Game wont work after install: "Insufficient Privilages: you must be an admi

User Info: ctkwilson

ctkwilson
9 years ago#1

I have windows 7, I am logged into the administrator account, I have tried "Run as Administrator" and I still get the same error message.. "you must be administrator when you run this application for the first time"... How do I fix... I assume its windows 7, what can I do to fix this, When I click "check for updates" it takes me to a webpage with an error and no available updates... please help I want to play this game

User Info: Mcbeth

Mcbeth
9 years ago#2
The 1.5 patch will fix your problem.

http://www.fileshack.com/file.x/14743/The+Witcher+1.5+Patch
PSN/Gamertag: Laeadern
http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u169/Mcbethx/1177119041.jpg

User Info: avearys333

avearys333
9 years ago#3
Having the same error, bought the game today and running brand new Windows7 with the enhanced edition and in an administrator profile, only to receive that message. Will install 1.5 patch and post results.
"War. War never changes."

User Info: CYBORG112

CYBORG112
9 years ago#4
I think the witcher has problems with admin rights or something. The game works fine for me but i noticed that the witcher files are only "read-only" , so i thought id change that but it woudnt let me at all. I cant even create/add/modify anything in the folder because it says i have no admin rights when im the admin in this pc. So i think thats really odd.
Cyborg112 The Legendary Hero Of Robots..
Not Changing My Sig Till My Batterie Dies...

User Info: Snowman444

Snowman444
9 years ago#5

I had the same problem after I installed Windows 7. To solve the issue followed the steps below.

Taken from SeanChiarot's post here:http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=21633.60

"1: C: > Program Files > The Witcher Enhanced Edition >
2: Right click "launcher" choose properties, then choose the "Compatibility" tab, at the bottom you will see "Privilege Level", place a check mark on "Run this program as administrator"
3: Right click "witcher-MCE" (i know its a short cut, but like i said, i will tell you what i did to make it work) choose properties, then choose the "Compatibility" tab, at the bottom you will see "Privilege Level", place a check mark on "Run this program as administrator"
4:GO HEREand update it
5: have fun playing!"

User Info: coltwalker

coltwalker
9 years ago#6
best to avoid witch enhanced more trouble then it's worth

User Info: coltwalker

coltwalker
9 years ago#7
witcher

User Info: Sheptdc1

Sheptdc1
9 years ago#8
uninstall it and run the installer as an admin, fixed it for me.

User Info: CanOpener74

CanOpener74
9 years ago#9
Yeah, like he said, the whole thing is more trouble than it's worth. Avoid.
PSN: Hobadi

User Info: Ifrit29

Ifrit29
9 years ago#10
I just bought it today and it was saying the same thing. After i installed the 1.5 patch it works now and doesnt ask me about admin
"Nice work, Akihisa. I had no idea the entire country knew you were such a dumbass. " Yuuji from Baka to test to shoukanjuu
  1. Boards
  2. The Witcher: Enhanced Edition
  3. Game wont work after install: "Insufficient Privilages: you must be an admi
  • Topic Archived