Is a wheel like a must have to play this game?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Race Pro
  3. Is a wheel like a must have to play this game?

User Info: footstinker1993

footstinker1993
9 years ago#1
So. Oh and how many of you guys use a wheel instead of a controler? I don't have a wheel so I would have to use the controler, are there any controler users out there who can tell me how the game is using a controler compared to a wheel?

footstinker1993
9 years ago#2
Also when your in the cockpit view is it difficult to use a controler?
How is this game compared to Forza 2 using a controler?

User Info: Agashak

Agashak
9 years ago#3
I don't have a wheel and so far I've been doing fine. I'm driving with no assists at all and it works great. The analog sticks and triggers makes it rather easy to accelerate and decelerate without problems, and taking turns is no problem either. One problem I have though is that I break to late and drive to fast in the corners...but I can't blame the controller for that, can I hehe =)

footstinker1993
9 years ago#4
and what about the cockpit view does using a controler make it any harder?

User Info: johnsmet

johnsmet
9 years ago#5
This is the first game Im using a wheel for...and man I can tell you, you are missing out1 the whole experience is so much better and its so much more fun seeing your brother struggling to keep up with your ghost...

funny anecdote: My brother was claiming that my ghost was SO much faster on the straight...he just couldnt understand it. So I was bashing his skill in exiting the turn leading to the straight when he noticed the problem.... There was a cable running underneath his gas pedal. It was funny as hell as it took him 6 laps to figure that out ahaha.

Agashak
9 years ago#6

footstinker1993 posted...
and what about the cockpit view does using a controler make it any harder?

I often play with the chasecam view but I do think that using the cockpit view will actually make it easier to take corners better (especially when using a controller) because it's easier to notice small errors you make when turning.

The reason I use the chasecam is because it makes it easier to see the track and my opponents, not because my controller makes it harder to use cockpit view.

johnsmet
9 years ago#7
I believe the learning curve for a track is smaller in chase cam. Once you know the track though, cockpit view is the greatest view possible.

I played one of the street tracks today for the first time in cockpit view... that was a freakin crash fest..
I think it was curiba (?) There is one corner where is is just plain impossible to see where the hell you are supposed to go.. However key to learning any track is of course racing with your own ghost.

Agashak
9 years ago#8

johnsmet posted...
I believe the learning curve for a track is smaller in chase cam. Once you know the track though, cockpit view is the greatest view possible.

yeah cockpit view or hood view. Cockpit view is cooler though.

johnsmet
9 years ago#9
Yes, I didnt state it clearly, I ment immersion wise.

footstinker1993
9 years ago#10
ok cool
  1. Boards
  2. Race Pro
  3. Is a wheel like a must have to play this game?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived