Anyone else having trouble with G and H

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Race Pro
  3. Anyone else having trouble with G and H

User Info: Zeroplay

Zeroplay
9 years ago#1
They're the last two events in career mode, with WTCC extreme and F3000. The AI is incredibly fast, which is strange seeing as how the rest of it was a breeze. I had to switch it down to semi-pro.
I'm on a boat, I'm on a boat,
Take a good hard look at the motha******' boat!

User Info: Rhawb

Rhawb
9 years ago#2
The AI is pretty inconsistent. I was playing last night on Valencia to unlock the Radical SR4 and I was getting absolutely rocked by the AI. Every single other race was a cake walk, but this race they were actually running as fast as me. I actually had to change my setup to be able to out-corner them, then I still had to drive flat out the whole race to beat them. At the finish line, the 2nd place car was actually creeping up on my quarter panel. I couldn't believe it, it was so hard.

User Info: SA_Mountaineer

SA_Mountaineer
9 years ago#3
^^ but it was fun, no?
Let's Go Mountaineers!

User Info: Rhawb

Rhawb
9 years ago#4
It got pretty annoying because I'm absurdly impatient with the AI. Most of the time I'd go flying into corners trying to out brake the AI, but they weren't braking early so I'd go rocketing off the course and then have to restart. For some reason I have a really hard time settling down properly in single player races - though I will say that last race was pretty awesome with the AI knocking at my door around every corner. If I could calm down and have races like that more often, I'd really love the single player modes.

User Info: seankane

seankane
9 years ago#5

Running through career mode, I eventually turned off qualifying because it was so easy to win and was a waste of time. But then I got to the GTPro class, and suddenly winning from 16th spot was extremely difficult with the AI noticeably faster. But I stuck it out and finished it. By then, I had enough money to get into the F3000 class, and I figured it would be just as fast, so I decided to qualify again so I could start from the front and not have to worry about knocking around wheels trying to pass countless cars in an open-wheeler. So, first race at Laguna Seca, I qualify, put in what I thought was a decent lap, and only got 3rd! That certainly suprised me. But it made me smile cuz instead of being dead last or out front by a mile, I actually had some competition. The race wasn't too bad as I outbraked the two guys in front of me into the 1st corner and led from there, but they were right behind me the whole time, keeping me honest and forcing me to focus on consistency corner after corner, lap after lap. Its the first time I actually enjoyed racing single-player.

User Info: Satanshelper

Satanshelper
9 years ago#6
I've seen that happen a few times. The best time was on Macau, I was about 5th and coming into the 3rd corner I was 2nd, with #3 right along side, the he lost it coming into the 2nd part of T3 and cut off the whole road. What ensued was absolute mayhem, some of which I caught in my mirror. I didn't see anyone 3rd or worse for the whole race since he had made a roadblock there.

User Info: Satanshelper

Satanshelper
9 years ago#7
Lol I posted this in the wrong thread!

User Info: Buddha_basic

Buddha_basic
9 years ago#8
Satanshelper posted...

HAHAHAHAHA i just noticed that. My reaction upon reading your post was ... "de ja vu this is weird..." absolute confusion..THANKS! :P

User Info: Super_Tom

Super_Tom
9 years ago#9

Too many tabs open? :P

Anywho, in career mode, once you've completed a contract, there is a tiny little gold, silver, or bronze trophy next to it. Is it just me, or does the Gold trophy look very similar to the bronze trophy? Hmm? Maybe it's just me i dunno.
http://card.mygamercard.net/mini/totallytom85.png http://s4.tinypic.com/2w3p6z8.jpg
  1. Boards
  2. Race Pro
  3. Anyone else having trouble with G and H

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived