Can't stop playing!

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Race Pro
  3. Can't stop playing!

User Info: xMachRiderx

xMachRiderx
9 years ago#1
Forza 2 was the current record holder for most time spent in my Xbox, followed VERY closely by PGR 2. This game, however, has got me playing NON-STOP.

I don't know if it is overall as realistic as Forza, it certainly feels that way, but some people were saying Forza is more realistic.
Either way, the amount of care you need to take with every aspect of this game is incredible. Hard on the brakes and fade off so you don't lock up, easy on the gas, using the gas to turn the car, where to put your line so you don't unsettle the chassis... all amazing things that really make this game a challenge to master.

See you fellers online !
Mach Rider- Motorcycle racing extraordinaire by day, hermit-like gamer by night.

User Info: Rhawb

Rhawb
9 years ago#2
This game has to be more in-depth and realistic than Forza. With Forza, I always felt it was just "drive as hard as you can and try not to spin" - I never felt like I had to drive a certain way or that I had to plan my way around the course. It was just braking as late as possible and getting on the gas as early as possible. If you messed up, you could make corrections in your lines very easily and carry on more often than not.

With this game, I find myself going "okay, this is that one corner where I need to..." and each one has its own technique to be quick. If I don't follow these techniques, or if I just push a little too hard, I usually hit a bump and end up wildly off course or in a big slide that I'll mostly likely ride right into the wall. Forza never gave me the feeling of the course being as big a factor in my driving technique as the car I've chosen. That's a big part of why I like this game so much.

User Info: EnderSR388

EnderSR388
9 years ago#3
Race Pro is hands down more sim than Forza. The courses in Forza seem to flat and lifeless. In Race Pro the tracks are more stars then the cars. I've never felt Leguna Seca feel the way it does in Race Pro. Usually when I purchase a new racing game, if it has Leguna Seca included in its track selection, I race it to compare. Race Pro has the best replica of the track I've ever played. You can feel every bump, apex curb, elevation changes. Sure Forza had some of these things, but it always felt so shiny and plastic. The road barely has any features to it and the cars suspension all seem kinda floaty.

User Info: TONYSTARKS654

TONYSTARKS654
9 years ago#4
This game makes Forza feel like boat racing, or Ice Hockey.

User Info: Twigman200

Twigman200
9 years ago#5
That's one amazing feat for Forza to accomplish similarities to both Boat Racing and Ice Hockey...

There is a very high level on control in Hockey, and boats are known for poor control.
--
Math illiteracy affects 7 out of every 5 people

User Info: johnsmet

johnsmet
9 years ago#6
Funny how everyone is now bashing forza, while they probably spent nights playing it until their xbox crashed and they were set back into reality and realise its 4 in the morning, so maybe not firing it up again might be a sound plan cause they have to get up for work/school in in 3 hours...

User Info: EnderSR388

EnderSR388
9 years ago#7
johnsmet posted...
Funny how everyone is now bashing forza, while they probably spent nights playing it until their xbox crashed and they were set back into reality and realise its 4 in the morning, so maybe not firing it up again might be a sound plan cause they have to get up for work/school in in 3 hours...

I didn't even finish Forza 2. lol I think I was at level 22 or something.

User Info: allnamestaken

allnamestaken
9 years ago#8
I agree with everything Rhawb and Ender said. You really have to "feel" your car and the track you're racing on in this game.

User Info: Rhawb

Rhawb
9 years ago#9
Yeah, I never got into Forza too much either. I've never really shelved the game, but every time I play the physics usually drive me crazy after about 30 minutes of playing so I'd either just shut it down or drive around crashing until I got tired of that too.

User Info: johnsmet

johnsmet
9 years ago#10
Since I picked this up, Forza 2 is collecting dust on my shelf. I would however never say it is a weak game. Online is pretty tight....however I just got bored out of my mind, cause youll just race against 5 renault 5 turbo's with my original car choices, which however just isnt the fastest choice.

I dont believe however that making a 100% balanced game is possible if you want the car to really handle different, especially with the diversity of choice in a game like forza.. But I take my hat off for their try, cause it qwas damn near spot on imho.
  1. Boards
  2. Race Pro
  3. Can't stop playing!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived