• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Neverland Card Battles
  3. Fighting different opponents on the same map? spoilers

User Info: jyalt

jyalt
10 years ago#1
So I got this two days ago.

My progress is 22 battles, 41% of cards, first ending with Arth defeated. Still need 2 'seal' cards.

I lost one battle, I went into the third map blind. After doing three additional fights, I had better cards and proceeded to win it. Game is easy.

Basically I know I need 28 more fights to get the final card to get the other ending, assuming there is one. However I've seen people comment on fighting dominators on maps they don't start on... how do you do that?

Additionally, is there an option for 2 on 1 battles anywhere, like Culdcept? The wimpyness of the AI is easily mitigated when you have to take on two or three of them at once. I'd love to have this, but I don't think it's there.

Finally, you get the Hellgaia seal card after you fight him again, after the first ending, right? Is there a special place for Hellgaia 2, or just same place as before? I'll probably answer this one myself since he'll be my 23rd or 24h battle.

jyalt
10 years ago#2
As I thought, you can select which dominator to fight at which location with side arrow keys before the battle. 'Hellgaia 2' shows up after 'Hellgaia 1' after the ending and isn't a default anywhere. Must be selected. He was my 24th battle, and it lasted an epic 27 turns. I won with all territory and max health.

jyalt
10 years ago#3
Amazingly I lost a second match... against Simmon in one of the ruins maps Part II.

I didn't realize how much Simmon's map actually nerfs him until I fought him on another map. He has move 4, and lots of small monsters so he can take over a huge amount of territory. All his guys do something when they die, either heal him or give him more cards. That makes him about as strong as Arth's regen. The clincher is Simmon has multiple discard and draw spells too...

The game he beat me, he got rid of all my own draw spells with the 'remove 7 cards in your deck' card, then drew five cards for three turns in a row, played like a dozen guys, took over more than half the map, and finally killed me by making me draw five cards! It was pretty amazing, since I was using the deck that had no losses in the entire game. I beat both Arth and Hellgaia 2 with that deck taking over the map completely on each of their levels.

So for a good fight, try Simmon on other maps.

Still 17 more matches to go...

jyalt
10 years ago#4
It took 50 battles won to get the last of those six plot-story cards.

At this point I have 59% of all cards... none of the heal 5hp spell cards, only one Turn Over a New Leaf, and no Vojanoy (to see whether the art is borderline or not). Also no Guidance at Dusk, but plenty of Magic Bolts. Only one Inferno.

You get better cards after a battle if you have max HP (lamenting no 'heal 5hp spell' again) and have taken over a LOT of territory. If you are fighting someone not on their 'home' map, you'll get only about half the cards you'd get for fighting on home ground. This means variety equals worse rewards.

I've only been able to play one or two fights a day, so it doesn't get too repetitive. Thus the long delay in getting up to 50 won battles.

jyalt
10 years ago#5
Finished the game. I liked some of the dialogue, but getting the cards was a pain. Now at 60% completion of collection... and fighting the computer is boring now.

Moving on to playing Yggdra Union.

User Info: ScienceOfMyth

ScienceOfMyth
10 years ago#6
Hey, j

I had the most toruble with Simmon as well, I think. Arth2 is hard as well if you face him immediately before you win 50 battles (by which time your card pool is immensely better probably)

it took me almost exactly 300 battles to get 10 of everything. After a while it seems like the game starts to give you what you need. It took over 200 battles just to get 1 of everything. I can't remember but I think that once you get 10 of a card you may stop winning that card. I don't know, but after I got everything it was a (relatively) short extra time to get 10x all cards.

Buffs pretty much destroy everything if you put it on the right creatures (ie the ones that Reflect Big Swing)

Overall its a really fun game..one of my favorites on the PSP personally
  1. Boards
  2. Neverland Card Battles
  3. Fighting different opponents on the same map? spoilers
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A