• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dead Space
  3. Can't kill those tentacles that grab you

User Info: Ramsus32

Ramsus32
10 years ago#1
I'm on chapter 10 and one of those tentacle things that come out of the wall and pull you in keep killing me. If I hit it 10 times with my plasma gun and it still doesn't die. It's killed me so many times and no matter how hard I freaking shoot it nothing happens.
"What'd y'all order a dead guy for?" -Jayne Cobb ~Firefly
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h133/02zincgt/mikephelps.gif

User Info: ZebraMan1923

ZebraMan1923
10 years ago#2
Shoot the sacs. Didn't you face one earlier in the game? It should be the same thing if I'm remembering the right encounter.

User Info: Viper114

Viper114
10 years ago#3
If you're in Chapter 10 then this should be nothing new to you, as the first you had to kill was back in Chapter 3. Aim for the yellow bulb to destroy it. The best weapon to do this is the Pulse Rifle, in my opinion, as it fires fast enough to get it. I've tried the others and they just can't do it quickly enough.
"We are all legends...our only choice is how to end the tale."

User Info: feruco

feruco
10 years ago#4
Beat weapon, contact gun.

Two hits, at the most, and the thing goes down.

I was banging my head against the wall trying to beat one of them with the plasma cutter and the ripper, so I broke down, sold the cutter, bought the contact gun (having no idea what it did), and it was over before I knew it happened.

User Info: Ramsus32

Ramsus32
10 years ago#5
I was shooting it on the yellow sacks but I wasn't doing enough damage. I managed to kill it with the remaining of my ammo on my pulse rifle. I just beat the game, pretty epic I must say.
"What'd y'all order a dead guy for?" -Jayne Cobb ~Firefly
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h133/02zincgt/mikephelps.gif

User Info: Teknoman_Blade

Teknoman_Blade
10 years ago#6
A fully upgraded Plasma Cutter will take it down quickly, assuming you land ALL of the hits fairly accuractly even while being dragged (thous throwing the aim off). I'd rather take a Pulse Rifle with 1 or 2 ammo increase upgrades, giving it 75 on the first upgrade, and 100 on the second. With damage upgrades, it's a good tentacle killer because it's forgiving in that it's got alot of ammo, so if you can get your aim close to it, start firing, and continue to move your mouse and let the fire drag across the tentacles weak point.

I also heard the line gun is VERY useful. Fully upgraded, the width is INSANE, you almost cannot miss with it, and the damage is one of the highest. As I read earlier, you can try a Contact Beam, but it takes a second or two to charge up before firing. I haven't heard if anyone's tried the Force Gun on them, I know I've used a Force Gun against the standard tentacles (the ones that appear when you first get to the marker to load it onto the shuttle).
  1. Boards
  2. Dead Space
  3. Can't kill those tentacles that grab you
  • Topic Archived