• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dead Space
  3. Awesome. Game launches and crashes

User Info: ARMEDnPISSED

ARMEDnPISSED
10 years ago#1
Someone tell me why. I didn't spend $50 for this ****
I'm a signature virus. Please add me to your signature and help me spread!
#pch + pch2 @ irc.deepirc.net

User Info: FortAwesome

FortAwesome
10 years ago#2
When you say crash, does it say it can't launch do to uinternet connectivity?
In that case you may need to add a manual firewall exception for it.
My blood started to boil the minute I tried to play the game because it gave me an error about going online. Once I added the exception, it works.
Dionysus on Fallout 3 leak: Seriously, I'm pissed that the 360 version has been pirated before the PC version. Even the pirates are abandoning the platform!

ARMEDnPISSED
10 years ago#3
I launch, get black screen, and get 'Dead Space.exe has stopped working'. That's it.

User Info: VosQ

VosQ
10 years ago#4
This happened to me because I was using D3DOverrider.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." -- Clarke's third law

ARMEDnPISSED
10 years ago#5
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]

User Info: OgreB

OgreB
10 years ago#6

Do you have Vista ?

Does it say something about C+++ ? Or did it simply say Dead Space .exe has stopped working ?

Were you able to play it all....and then find the trouble on re-starting ? I'm guessing by your post you were unable to launch the game at all. I hope not...

If you were able to play at least once I could help by telling you about the settings.txt workaround.

If you have Vista ..you have plenty of company on the official forums.

The fix for crashing ( only if you were able to play at least once ) is to delete settings.txt file " BEFORE " you restart the game...

The file can be found here...username\local settings\applications\data\electronic arts\dead space

This file is not easy to find...use desktop search and type in local settings...find the one with your user name and follow the above path to find the dead space folder..open it and delete the settings.txt. Then make sure to post a shortcut because you will need to do this each and every time before you start the game..

ARMEDnPISSED
10 years ago#7
Do you have Vista ?

yeah

Does it say something about C+++ ? Or did it simply say Dead Space .exe has stopped working ?

latter

Were you able to play it all....and then find the trouble on re-starting ? I'm guessing by your post you were unable to launch the game at all. I hope not...

screen turns black and I get the error. so I didn't even get to the menu

OgreB
10 years ago#8

ARMEDnPISSED posted...
Do you have Vista ?

yeah

latter

screen turns black and I get the error. so I didn't even get to the menu
---

I'll throw you a few ideas...

Turn off UAC

Run the game as admin ( game must be installed under admin)

See if AV is blocking

Run in XP....

I know you've already tried these...just trying to help.

OgreB
10 years ago#9

Correction on running as admin...

Start the game as admin from the actual exe not the shortcut...my bad. It doesn't need to be installed as admin....you just need to use the actual exe.

User Info: sfcalimari

sfcalimari
10 years ago#10
Yeah right click on the exe and hit run as administrator, this helps with a few games (though I don't have this issue with this one) when they crash immediately after launching.
[Soviet Dictator-for-Life and Chairman of KGB of Board 261][Obama '08]
http://img58.imageshack.us/img58/767/44401acc43c7c4a8b7ab42dph7.jpg
  1. Boards
  2. Dead Space
  3. Awesome. Game launches and crashes
  • Topic Archived