• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Star Ocean: The Last Hope
  3. How cliche are the stories and characters?

User Info: SlaveBlade

SlaveBlade
12 years ago#11
Characterwise, this game is a 10 on the cliche scale.
Adol Christin roughly translates to Stable Christ. I'm just saying, guys...

User Info: Negima15

Negima15
12 years ago#12
this isn't a Dragon Quest or Tales game,

at least Star Ocean games break cliches to some extent more than others

*facepalm*
At least the Tales characters(many of them) manage to somewhat break cliches than all the cardboard cut-outs that are the SO characters. Only few of the SO characters do so and I'm NOT talking about ANY of the villains...
"Is simply wanting to be useful to everyone not enough?" ~ Trixie, Lord of Magna

User Info: digidevilwil

digidevilwil
12 years ago#13
Edge and his CHILDHOOD FRIEND Reimi go off on a journy together.

Since one the most overused cliches has been revealed already, I can safely that the story has a 99% chance of being a cliche save the world with some cheesy romance involved. Gameplay ftw.
Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/user/swillo
Twitter - @PandaKingEX, 3rd Place at EVO for Pokken Tournament.

User Info: shadowheartsfan

shadowheartsfan
12 years ago#14
I love how Tales of fans CONSTANTLY defend their mediocre series. The ONLY Tales of game that I liked was Symphonia and Symphonia II. I HATED all the others that I played.

User Info: rogueoftime

rogueoftime
12 years ago#15
Star Ocean: A few clichés here and there.
Star Ocean: The Second Story: Lots of clichés.
Star Ocean: Till the End of Time: Not very cliché.

Star Ocean (the first) featured a group of adventurers going out to slay a demon to save their friends.

Star Ocean: The Second Story features a love triangle between an emotionally confused (and somewhat mysterious... but not by much) young girl, a serious and quiet man whose family was killed (go figure), and the hero of the game who is really sensitive and can't seem to do anything right (also cliché). So yeah. This one is definitely the worst in the series.

Star Ocean: Till the End of Time features a story that involves a family getting separated by an enemy attack, and a developing plot that forces friendships to end, new alliances to form, and then ends with yet another plot twist. It's probably the best story of the whole series by far mostly because you THINK you know what's going on, and then they'd throw a monkey wrench into the whole thing.

**STAR OCEAN: TILL THE END OF TIME SPOILER ALERT**

Anyone who says they called it when the Vendeeni attacked when Aquaria was preparing their runological weapon to fight the Dragon Brigade is a LIAR!

**END OF STAR OCEAN: TILL THE END OF TIME SPOILER ALERT**

User Info: Negima15

Negima15
12 years ago#16
I love how Tales of fans CONSTANTLY defend their mediocre series. The ONLY Tales of game that I liked was Symphonia and Symphonia II. I HATED all the others that I played.

I LOVE how SO fans CONSTANTLY defend their mediocre series. Oh wait....I actually like the SO series and don't go off spouting my opinion as fact.....
"Is simply wanting to be useful to everyone not enough?" ~ Trixie, Lord of Magna

User Info: KosukeKGA

KosukeKGA
12 years ago#17
This game will be 10 out of 10 cliche. Don't buy it, OP.

User Info: JubilationX

JubilationX
12 years ago#18
I don't think anybody can actually say how cliche this game is yet. We know of some cliches so far but we have no real idea of the story and plot of the game or how any of the characters actually behave and develop, cuz you know. . . .It's not even out yet. . .

User Info: HiroyValesti

HiroyValesti
12 years ago#19
I am so entertained my Tales vs SO arguments. New debate: Which fanbase has a bigger ego?

This should be interesting to watch.
Star Ocean 3 BTS: 300/300 | People who hate this sig for petty reasons: 1 loser
La Mulana replays: 15

User Info: TheQuestionabIe

TheQuestionabIe
12 years ago#20
Most games are cliche.
At least this Xbox game doesn't feature hardcore emotionless space marines.
>_>
  1. Boards
  2. Star Ocean: The Last Hope
  3. How cliche are the stories and characters?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A