• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. iOS (iPhone/iPad)
  3. Apple bans best-selling game from their store.

User Info: LordRattergun

LordRattergun
1 month ago#1
https://twitter.com/TimSweeneyEpic/status/1440711772483186690

Honestly, this just comes off as childish of Apple. Millions of people want to play Fortnite on iOS but Apple refuses for petty reasons.
"Rattergun, you are truly a hero for our times." - Recoome_is_god
https://imgur.com/dUNdc

User Info: HowlingOwl

HowlingOwl
1 month ago#2
Honestly Epic started this whole thing and made it personal with Apple. If they had just never made a lawsuit against them they would still be making money with a 30% cut but now they’re making $0.

User Info: member1982

member1982
1 month ago#3
could've just put that 30% cost on to iOS users... instead epic pulled this stunt.

it's apple's platform. regardless how successful it is (success is not illegal / or criminal).

it is not a monopoly either.

if i ever were to make this a comparison, it's like selling things on Amazon / Ebay. Some of the people have their own ecom stores, so they take the profit, but they choose to pass on the prices to customers instead on these platforms to cover the costs.
Corsair 275R Carbide-32GB LPX 3600-Core i5 9400F-MSI RTX2070-GigabyteZ390UD-Intel 760p 500GB-NoctuaNFA14x2-RGB
iMac 5K Core i5 3.5GHz M295X 256GB SSD 24GB RAM.
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: R_Fated_Circle

R_Fated_Circle
4 weeks ago#4
Generally when you take someone to court both sides don't come out as friends.....surprise
The secret impresses no one. The trick you use it for is everything.

User Info: ForteEXE3850

ForteEXE3850
4 weeks ago#5
HowlingOwl posted...
Honestly Epic started this whole thing and made it personal with Apple. If they had just never made a lawsuit against them they would still be making money with a 30% cut but now they’re making $0.

Well they're still making money, just not in iPhones. A huge loss of profit to be sure, but they're not going out of business for this move.

Their plan was to get Apple declared a monopoly, and force Apple to allow Fortnite on iPhone while not being able to take the 30% cut. Ideally for Epic, the ruling might even be extended to the Google Play Store.

Apple actually took a huge loss from the current ruling (which they are appealing of course), as under the current ruling, apps are now allowed the option of alternative payment that circumvents Apple taking a cut.
Mwahahahaha.

User Info: TLR_

TLR_
4 weeks ago#6
Cool, does that mean I can fully fund an iPhone 13 Pro 1TB purchase just by selling my Fortnite-loaded iPhone X? 🤣
My Game Collection/Backlog (Incomplete!): https://howlongtobeat.com/user?n=BishopTakesKing

User Info: robert43s

robert43s
4 weeks ago#7
TBH, I don’t really care since I have never played Fortnite. It also does not seem to be affecting iPhone sales. Of course, this goes give some an excuse to ditch the apple ecosystem and migrate to Android.
Remember, it's only a game, have fun and enjoy.

User Info: skyMcWeeds

skyMcWeeds
4 weeks ago#8
Epic will lose this battle, Fortnite has been losing steam for the past 2 years now.
"Man does not live on bread alone"
Since there's always CAKE!
  1. Boards
  2. iOS (iPhone/iPad)
  3. Apple bans best-selling game from their store.
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A