• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. iOS (iPhone/iPad)
  3. Is Android Better than IOS?

User Info: member1982

member1982
4 weeks ago#11
oh yes, with imessage, i have used since iphone 3G for sms, back then sms/mms was like one of the only ways to communicate, then of course the whatsapp etc came, and imessage was also came. so i basically stuck to that sms for the green bubble people.

and usually i won't change my behaviour once i get use to something haha. but sure more options are out there so no real issues now.
Corsair 275R Carbide-32GB LPX 3600-Core i5 9400F-MSI RTX2070-GigabyteZ390UD-Intel 760p 500GB-NoctuaNFA14x2-RGB
iMac 5K Core i5 3.5GHz M295X 256GB SSD 24GB RAM.

User Info: skyMcWeeds

skyMcWeeds
4 weeks ago#12
I use both ecosystems and no ecosystem is better than the other, they both do what they need to do very well. It all comes down to user preference, I love the simplicity of my iPad but I need the full control of my phone hence why I use a droid phone, for work there's a Mac, for my personal use I got my Surface.
"Man does not live on bread alone"
Since there's always CAKE!

User Info: Tkmajing

Tkmajing
4 weeks ago#13
Nope
Ephesians 2:8-9 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.

User Info: robert43s

robert43s
3 weeks ago#14
iOS is very well optimised for the devices it runs on, with every benchmark, iOS destroys Android phones. The only issue some have is the walled garden it presents, for some reason Apple stops certain types of applications from being added, and you cannot easily install applications that you’ve built yourself.

Android has more configuration, and you can install basically anything you want, which gives you more control over the type of applications you want on your phone (though, I suspect some manufacturers/countries might lock this aspect down), it also presents the opportunity for more nefarious applications to make there way onto the device. Apple iPhones are not as protected against nefarious applications as we would like, I believe for all smart phones, there probably does need to be a smarter gatekeeper protecting the device at a lower level.

At the end of the day, it depends on what you want to use your phone for. I quite like the iOS platform, and even though I would like I like the idea to be able to build and install open source github projects, I suspect I probably wouldn’t.

On the iPad, it’s a different beast. Due to the larger screen, I would like to install third party github projects. Being able to develop on the iPad would be brilliant.
Remember, it's only a game, have fun and enjoy.

User Info: HowlingOwl

HowlingOwl
3 weeks ago#15
Other than customizing things they’re so similar I don’t see the point in swapping platforms. The most recent Android I tried was the pixel 4a from last year and I didn’t see anything that mind blowing that would convince me to swap.

I missed iMessage and I missed iCloud sync and I missed the Haptic Touch from iPhone the entire time I used that device. I prefer swiping left or right to go between pages, screens and apps on iOS than android. It feels chonky on Android for some reason.

User Info: Chris3000

Chris3000
1 week ago#16
iOS is irritatingly limited in power-user levels of functionality, apple knows it, apple doesn’t care, because they know people will buy their overpriced locked down products no matter what is changed (or not). I hate my iPhone 12. I’ve used primarily iOS products since 2007 but for one year I used the Galaxy Note 10 Plus and I regret leaving that phone to get this one. I had FULL access to the operating system and no limitations. If I pay $1000+ for a phone, I want $1000+ worth of access to every inch of it from top to bottom…no exceptions.

Just to get an emulator running on iOS devices is a way overblown process and it grinds the f*** out of my gears that apple refuses to offer some kind of advanced user mode for people like me. I don’t even feel like I truly own this device and instead am limited to apple giving me access to features that they think I “deserve” and it’s absolute bulls***. Apple needs a wake up call in more ways than one.
Ryzen 9 3900X Stock/32gb 3600mhz CL16 Ram/Power Color 5700XT/500gb WD Black NVMe SSD/1024gb Intel 660P NVMe SSD/750w 80 Plus Gold PSU/Asus Tuf X570 Plus Wifi MB

User Info: member1982

member1982
1 week ago#17
intersting that you say power-user levels. with android i felt i can't do anything i want to do. and that is frustrating knowning that android is suppose to be the one that i can customerize to whatever i want. with apple i know there is limitations, so i set out to know that i can't do what i want to do and i live with it, but i can't live with android knowning it suppose to allow people to do power user levels, but can't without rooting (is this term still used?)

just one example, there is always this "hovering" icon, i searched the net and found no one has this hovering icon... haha

which android you ask? it's a sony tablet. definately not representtiive of what android is.
Corsair 275R Carbide-32GB LPX 3600-Core i5 9400F-MSI RTX2070-GigabyteZ390UD-Intel 760p 500GB-NoctuaNFA14x2-RGB
iMac 5K Core i5 3.5GHz M295X 256GB SSD 24GB RAM.
I’ve used primarily iOS products since 2007 but for one year I used the Galaxy Note 10 Plus and I regret leaving that phone to get this one
Lol the problem is that you got a Note so you set the bar pretty high. No iPhone does what a Note does.
When it is obvious that the goals cannot be reached, don't adjust the goals, adjust the action steps. - Confucius
  1. Boards
  2. iOS (iPhone/iPad)
  3. Is Android Better than IOS?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A