• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. iOS (iPhone/iPad)
  3. iPhone not connecting to wifi after 14.6 update

User Info: Payzmaykr

Payzmaykr
5 months ago#1
This morning, my phone updated and now it won’t connect to wifi.

-other devices connect without issues
-I tried turning wifi on and off, like I usually do
-I tried resetting the phone
-the router looks fine
-I tried forgetting the network and re joining

Now I am stuck on LTE and I cannot turn the lights on/off with Phillips Hue. It won’t find the dock because my phone doesn’t have internet…

If you know how to fix this, I would appreciate it.

I’m using an iPhone 7+ which hasn’t given me any trouble like this before.
So long,
Thanks for all the fish!
(edited 5 months ago)

User Info: member1982

member1982
5 months ago#2
any error messages? or it just won't join.

Corsair 275R Carbide-32GB LPX 3600-Core i5 9400F-MSI RTX2070-GigabyteZ390UD-Intel 760p 500GB-NoctuaNFA14x2-RGB
iMac 5K Core i5 3.5GHz M295X 256GB SSD 24GB RAM.

Payzmaykr
5 months ago#3
It just won’t join. It’s acting like everything’s fine, or like the problem is coming from the router.

Ive now tested my phone on another router. It connects fine, but no internet. It goes straight to LTE. I have apps like Phillips Hue (smart lights) and security cameras that won’t work.

My other devices work fine and I’ve warned everyone in my house not to use the update, but I’m already seeing that 14.6 is causing a lot of problems for people. It’s drained from 100% to 60% with just me browsing over a couple hours.
So long,
Thanks for all the fish!
(edited 5 months ago)

User Info: ToiletPaperKun

ToiletPaperKun
5 months ago#4
Are you by any chance connected to a VPN profile on your Phone? If you are, it might be the cause of the problem.

Payzmaykr
5 months ago#5
ToiletPaperKun posted...
Are you by any chance connected to a VPN profile on your Phone? If you are, it might be the cause of the problem.
I don’t think so. I used to have one, but not anymore. I’ll check again, but I think I deleted the app entirely when I was done using it.
So long,
Thanks for all the fish!

Payzmaykr
5 months ago#6
Just in case anyone else has the same problem, I was able to fix it by restoring the phone to factory settings.

So long,
Thanks for all the fish!

User Info: Chris3000

Chris3000
2 months ago#7
Payzmaykr posted...
This morning, my phone updated and now it won’t connect to wifi.

-other devices connect without issues
-I tried turning wifi on and off, like I usually do
-I tried resetting the phone
-the router looks fine
-I tried forgetting the network and re joining

Now I am stuck on LTE and I cannot turn the lights on/off with Phillips Hue. It won’t find the dock because my phone doesn’t have internet…

If you know how to fix this, I would appreciate it.

I’m using an iPhone 7+ which hasn’t given me any trouble like this before.

Try going into the system settings > general > reset iPhone > reset > reset network settings and let us know the results of the action. Probably just a bug. Try hard rebooting the phone afterward just to be safe.
Ryzen 9 3900X Stock/32gb 3600mhz CL16 Ram/Power Color 5700XT/500gb WD Black NVMe SSD/1024gb Intel 660P NVMe SSD/750w 80 Plus Gold PSU/Asus Tuf X570 Plus Wifi MB

Payzmaykr
1 month ago#8
Thanks, man. I had to do a back-up and full on system restore (restore to default settings). I was honestly afraid that it would be a pain to get my photos and stuff back from the iCloud, but everything was updated the way I had it when I restored the phone.
So long,
Thanks for all the fish!
  1. Boards
  2. iOS (iPhone/iPad)
  3. iPhone not connecting to wifi after 14.6 update
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A