• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. iOS (iPhone/iPad)
  3. Why can't IOS Apps be used on Macbooks

User Info: FinnH

FinnH
4 months ago#1
Withe the announcement that windows 11 will allow you download and run android apps it got me thinking why on earth can't Macs run IOS apps?

User Info: member1982

member1982
4 months ago#2
apple is locked down in a lot of ways.
it has to make business sense first.
hardware is the next issue, ios runs on arm, the m1 macs can run the ios apps

the emulation is probably the limitation required for android devices
Corsair 275R Carbide-32GB LPX 3600-Core i5 9400F-MSI RTX2070-GigabyteZ390UD-Intel 760p 500GB-NoctuaNFA14x2-RGB
iMac 5K Core i5 3.5GHz M295X 256GB SSD 24GB RAM.
(edited 4 months ago)

member1982
4 months ago#3
the android apps are only from Amazon Appstore.
plus some of the apps has equivilent webpages etc, so not sure how useful they are...
gaming wise, the microsoft store it self isn't that bad either.
Corsair 275R Carbide-32GB LPX 3600-Core i5 9400F-MSI RTX2070-GigabyteZ390UD-Intel 760p 500GB-NoctuaNFA14x2-RGB

User Info: robert43s

robert43s
4 months ago#4
M1 macs can run iOS apps. When I saw that windows 11 allows running Android apps, my initial thought was that Microsoft is essentially copying Apple.
Remember, it's only a game, have fun and enjoy.

User Info: TLR_

TLR_
3 months ago#5
robert43s posted...
M1 macs can run iOS apps.
Came here to say this.

member1982 posted...
the android apps are only from Amazon Appstore.
Not exactly. They're also breaking those floodgates wide open for sideloading, which has been reported by devs to be "easy"... that's where Android apps on Windows 11 will get really, really fun.
My Game Collection/Backlog (Incomplete!): https://howlongtobeat.com/user?n=BishopTakesKing

member1982
3 months ago#6
TLR_ posted...
that's where Android apps on Windows 11 will get really, really fun.

No sure how it can be fun for windows on a traditional desktop, where it has no cameras, no wireless connectivity, no gyroscope, plus not a big fan of casual games on desktops, and if there are casual games, the sign in is using Apple's gamecenter.

so what other fun apps that can be on windows where it isn't already accessibly by the web.

User Info: LazyBro

LazyBro
3 months ago#7
member1982 posted...
No sure how it can be fun for windows on a traditional desktop, where it has no cameras, no wireless connectivity, no gyroscope, plus not a big fan of casual games on desktops,
there is a huge market to tap into here with windows making it easier to get access to those android apps without the need to jump through hoops getting an emulator like Bluestacks to work or any other emulator. the casual mobile market is a pretty big one with many streamers/gamers earning revenues through their streaming platform, I can only see this as a win if MS gets it to work without much hitches.
~Son of a submariner~
  1. Boards
  2. iOS (iPhone/iPad)
  3. Why can't IOS Apps be used on Macbooks
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A