• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. iOS (iPhone/iPad)
  3. Planning to get a white iPad and keyboard but worried about it turning yellow

User Info: RayKnight

RayKnight
2 months ago#1
Worried about it turning yellow over time. My current old iPad is black so it doesn't have that worry but I was thinking of getting a white one since my previous one was a black one.

Does anyone have any experience with this?
...they went to great pains to capture Norman Reedus' face in Amazon Prime the game. ~ xSHEPHERDx, SW Jedi: Fallen Order

User Info: member1982

member1982
2 months ago#2
no yellowing anymore, the formula was tweaked for the iPhone 4S White introduction.
and it is presetine as it ever is.

currently looking at a ipad air 2 from 2014 with white bezel.
Corsair 275R Carbide-32GB LPX 3600-Core i5 9400F-MSI RTX2070-GigabyteZ390UD-Intel 760p 500GB-NoctuaNFA14x2-RGB
iMac 5K Core i5 3.5GHz M295X 256GB SSD 24GB RAM.

RayKnight
2 months ago#3
member1982 posted...
no yellowing anymore, the formula was tweaked for the iPhone 4S White introduction.

currently looking at a ipad air 2 from 2014 with white bezel.
Thanks for the confirmation! Does this mean that the white keyboard will also not turn yellow?
...they went to great pains to capture Norman Reedus' face in Amazon Prime the game. ~ xSHEPHERDx, SW Jedi: Fallen Order

User Info: gldoorii

gldoorii
2 months ago#4
Our Air 2 still looks brand new. No yellow at all.

What keyboard are you looking at?

RayKnight
2 months ago#5
gldoorii posted...
Our Air 2 still looks brand new. No yellow at all.

What keyboard are you looking at?
The Magic Keyboard. They have a white one and a black one, so I was thinking of getting a white one. My iPad Pro was the 2016 version so I decided to upgrade it to the latest one for work purpose.

RayKnight
2 months ago#6
I just went to order the new white iPad Pro and a white Magic keyboard. Thanks everyone for responding to this. I had mine for 5 years now.

User Info: TLR_

TLR_
2 months ago#7
member1982 posted...
Can confirm. I have a white iPhone 4S that I keep around just for iCade games/Cydia stuffs and it's done swell at resisting yellowing.
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/a/user_image/4/6/8/AAFCGLAAB4uE.jpg
(edited 2 months ago)

User Info: Cynnalia

Cynnalia
2 months ago#8
Yep, you'll be good! I have the original iPad Pro in white and it's still fine.
Earth without Art is just Eh

User Info: defunct32

defunct32
1 month ago#9
TLR_ posted...
Can confirm. I have a white iPhone 4S that I keep around just for iCade games/Cydia stuffs and it's done swell at resisting yellowing.
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/a/user_image/4/6/8/AAFCGLAAB4uE.jpg

What physical control brand is that? Can anyone recommends a physical controller for use with iPhone to play games?

Thanks.
PSN: defunct32 / 3DS FC: N/A

User Info: TLR_

TLR_
1 month ago#10
defunct32 posted...
What physical control brand is that? Can anyone recommends a physical controller for use with iPhone to play games?

Thanks.
That one's a Rii mini G01. I'd imagine it's not an easy find these days since it was made for iPhone 4/4S but here's the link to where I bought it https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2050844369.html

As for modern controllers, I've tried all the major ones... for all the hype around the Razer Kishi... when I got one, I absolutely hated it. Cramped, uncomfortable, doesn't fit the design language right, and it doesn't even have the stability of the really cheap stuff like the iPega 9083/9023/9087 (I don't like those three either, but I sure as s*** liked them more than the Kishi). Clipping it to a PS4/XBONE controller offers you their quality, but then means you've got this clunky, top heavy absurdity to deal with.

I haven't really liked any iPhone controller since the MOGA Ace Power (which; unfortunately, is useless unless you are still rockin an iPhone 5/5S/SE in 2021)...

...that is... until the Backbone One.

I was really resistant to try out the Backbone because something about it's advertisement seemed... scammy... it also kinda rubbed me the wrong way that you HAD to get it from their website... like... no Walmart, no Best Buy... Amazon... nothin'... and no matter how many good reviews came out about the Backbone One, I still felt like something was very off about the whole thing.

Wasn't until Booredatwork (who I have immense amounts of trust and respect for) gave it his blessings that I tried it out, and... damn it's good. It's really good. It's my favorite iPhone controller. Works with all the MFi controller games obviously... but it also seems to be recognizing as an Xbox One controller because it works with Call of Duty Mobile and Genshin Impact as well... and anyone who's tried controllers with those games knows both of those games are insanely picky about what controllers can be used with them.

Backbone says their app is required, but it's not. It'll prompt you to install when plugging it in for the first time, but I didn't see anything it offers that I don't already have out of GameCenter, so I deleted it, and nothing bad has come out of using the controller without the Backbone app.

So yeah... probably went into more detail than was necessary, but Backbone One is my pick for best modern iPhone controller. I'm gonna be pissed if the iPhone 13 Pro nixxes the lightning port, because I'm already dreaming about how nice it's gonna be gaming at 120Hz with this controller.
  1. Boards
  2. iOS (iPhone/iPad)
  3. Planning to get a white iPad and keyboard but worried about it turning yellow
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A