• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. iOS (iPhone/iPad)
  3. Question about the iPhone 12 Pro and battery health

User Info: TheLastAvatar05

TheLastAvatar05
2 months ago#1
So I have an iPhone 12 Pro; for about 6-7 months and the battery health went down from 100 percent to 99. I wanted to ask do you recommend not letting the phone go all the way to 0 and charge to 100 percent for a charge? I’ve heard you are suppose to only charge at 20 percent and than stop at 80 percent; but does that really work to max out the battery health? If anyone does this; share your thoughts on this. Thanks.
Proud Member of Squad 422. "Altaha Abilia"

User Info: skyMcWeeds

skyMcWeeds
2 months ago#2
I used to be a sticker and tried to keep my battery health monitored and taken care of as much as possible but in recent years I don't really feel the need to anymore. I usually just advice other people just use it as normal, keep it topped up regularly when the opportunity to charge it presents itself and don't let it drain down til it shuts down. By the time 2 or 3 years pass you'd probably be buying another phone or up for an upgrade anyway

TheLastAvatar05 posted...
So I have an iPhone 12 Pro; for about 6-7 months and the battery health went down from 100 percent to 99.
I say that's just about right as per battery deterioration from normal use goes.
"Man does not live on bread alone"
Since there's always CAKE!

User Info: member1982

member1982
2 months ago#3
iPhone 12 is way better than iPhone X, my X was going down 1% each time.
Apple then introduced some battery optimisation while charging, i guess it is working.
Corsair 275R Carbide-32GB LPX 3600-Core i5 9400F-MSI RTX2070-GigabyteZ390UD-Intel 760p 500GB-NoctuaNFA14x2-RGB
iMac 5K Core i5 3.5GHz M295X 256GB SSD 24GB RAM.

User Info: SaturnSnowman

SaturnSnowman
2 months ago#4
Had my IPhone 11 for almost a year. Still at 100% (just looked).

By comparison my girlfriend got her IPhone 11 at the same time and hers is at around 97% or so last we checked.

Only difference we have between ours is I charge mine more often so it rarely falls below 30% while hers is often at about 10-20% at the end of the day.
(edited 2 months ago)

User Info: Darkstorm16

Darkstorm16
2 months ago#5
Had mine since March of last year and I’m at 93% and I have the XR
Nintendo Network/PSN: Desertking24/Steam:Desertking23
Mario Maker: 4481-0000-0110-25DA
(edited 2 months ago)

User Info: Z3ROINFINITY

Z3ROINFINITY
1 month ago#6
Darkstorm16 posted...
Had mine since March of last year and I’m at 93% and I have the XR

My XR hit 88% not to long ago before switching to the SE 2020. It can depend on usage also.

User Info: TLR_

TLR_
1 month ago#7
I kinda wonder how much stock to put into this.

My iPhone X spent all of 2020 at 89%... and has spent all of 2021 there too.

User Info: LazyBro

LazyBro
1 month ago#8
guesstimates instead of accurate estimates
~Son of a submariner~

User Info: SaturnSnowman

SaturnSnowman
1 month ago#9
My question is how is the IPhone 12 Mini battery if you’re a medium-heavy user most days? Will it die or will it last just long enough till bedtime?
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: LazyBro

LazyBro
1 month ago#10
That would depend on what kind of medium - heavy usage.
if its just social media, watching/listening to media here and there with some calls and messages you can probably get by the day easily
but if it has anything to do with long gaming, taking editing photos, videos, zoom calls, navigation etc something that would tax the phone expect to run out of juice in a few hours
~Son of a submariner~
  1. Boards
  2. iOS (iPhone/iPad)
  3. Question about the iPhone 12 Pro and battery health
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A