• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. iOS (iPhone/iPad)
  3. iPad or kindle for my reading needs?

User Info: Darkstorm16

Darkstorm16
1 month ago#1
I love reading, I enjoy ebooks, sometimes I’ll reread the same book so I don’t really delete them, I also love the convenience. However, that being said, should I get a kindle for just reading or use my iPad?
Nintendo Network/PSN: Desertking24/Steam:Desertking23
Mario Maker: 4481-0000-0110-25DA

User Info: StewieGriffin23

StewieGriffin23
1 month ago#2
I'd get the Fire.
If you don't like what I post, there's no need to throw a tantrum over it. Just walk out of the basement and make friends.
Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-3759-9672

User Info: member1982

member1982
1 month ago#3
IMO, iPad is too heavy for long sessions if holding without anything supporting it, but if you can then it is good.

i often use my iPhone for that purpose so it is lighter, and it feels like i am progressing faster due to the smaller display and i tend to scroll.

and i also listen to music while at it.
Corsair 275R Carbide-32GB LPX 3600-Core i5 9400F-MSI GTX2070-GigabyteZ390UD-Intel 760p 500GB-NoctuaNFA14x2-RGB
iMac 5K Core i5 3.5GHz M295X 256GB SSD 24GB RAM.

User Info: TLR_

TLR_
1 month ago#4
The reading experience on phones/tablets is passable, but unless you're tapping into that niche of e-Ink phones, it doesn't even come close to the Kindle reading experience. e-Ink makes for a substantially more comfortable reading experience, and it lasts much longer too.

If you don't mind buying used, D01100 is still a very solid Kindle. I still get around a month of battery life out of mine, and they're super easy to find under $30 on eBay.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Amazon-Kindle-4th-Generation-2GB-Wi-Fi-6in-Black-Model-D01100/203122046113

Lots of excellent cond. Kindle Paperwhites for ~$60 too.
I never realized how much battered wife syndrome Sonic fans have until I heard them say "It's surprising how well Sonic Adventure 2 aged!"
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: Freelance_Wolf

Freelance_Wolf
1 month ago#5
I use Kobo.
  1. Boards
  2. iOS (iPhone/iPad)
  3. iPad or kindle for my reading needs?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A