• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. iOS (iPhone/iPad)
  3. Best way to split an Apple account into two?

User Info: G-Ziss

G-Ziss
1 month ago#1
Here's the situation:

My niece has owned an iPad for a couple of years now. The Apple ID that she's been using is under my sister's email address. My sister has never had an Apple ID of her own because she never owned an Apple device until just recently.

Now that my sister has her own Apple device, she wants to split the account into two - one for her and one for my niece.

The good new is that my sister has not purchased any apps for herself so anything that has been purchased on the account would have been for my niece.

Now we need to figure out how to get a separate account for each of them, while letting my niece keep all of her apps.

My initial thinking is that my sister can just change the email address on the account to my niece's email address. After that, my sister can create a new Apple ID with her own email address, but I'm not sure if that would create any conflicts since the original account would have been under her email address already.

Would this work?

If not, what is the best way to accomplish this?
Magic isn't real, it's tricks done by a liar.

User Info: member1982

member1982
1 month ago#2
Niece uses the device can still have the apps using the other Apple ID.

As each Apple ID can have multiple device supports basically. You can have multiple app store accounts on one device.
Corsair 275R Carbide-16GB LPX 3600-Core i5 9400F-MSI GTX2070-GigabyteZ390UD-Intel 760p 500GB-NoctuaNFA14x2-RGB
iMac 5K Core i5 3.5GHz M295X 256GB SSD 24GB RAM.

User Info: gldoorii

gldoorii
1 month ago#3
Just because you sign out of the Apple ID it doesn't make the apps/games delete. Sign out of the Apple ID and sign in with the one you want on that device. They could just use Family Sharing as well.

https://www.apple.com/family-sharing/

User Info: G-Ziss

G-Ziss
1 month ago#4
But then what happens if they ever get a new device? They'll need to sign into the ID that the apps are registered to and I don't believe they'd be registered to both IDs (at least not without family sharing set up).
Magic isn't real, it's tricks done by a liar.

User Info: member1982

member1982
1 month ago#5
Then the other rule factor in they eventually have to buy those either paid or free apps.
Corsair 275R Carbide-16GB LPX 3600-Core i5 9400F-MSI GTX2070-GigabyteZ390UD-Intel 760p 500GB-NoctuaNFA14x2-RGB
iMac 5K Core i5 3.5GHz M295X 256GB SSD 24GB RAM.
  1. Boards
  2. iOS (iPhone/iPad)
  3. Best way to split an Apple account into two?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A