• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. iOS (iPhone/iPad)
  3. Who's going to win Epic VS Apple.... FIGHTU!

User Info: Kconv

Kconv
2 months ago#1
Epic or Apple?

YOU decide!

Kconv
2 months ago#2
I think its likely Epic is going to win this as consumers are going to generally side with Epic over Apple, even though they dont like either one.

Also I think by letting Fortnite continue to be played while taking away their developer access could lead to a massive security breach at some point, if they cant patch security holes.

User Info: member1982

member1982
2 months ago#3
Epic should simply increase 15-30% price negotiated with Apple (including their own game prices on their stores), and play by the rules of the store (Google / Apple).

Apple will win the lawsuit anyway, there are ways to fix this, increase the price is very simple to cover whatever cost, then blame Apple and Google app store for a fair price across every platform.
Corsair 275R Carbide-16GB LPX 3600-Core i5 9400F-MSI GTX2070-GigabyteZ390UD-Intel 760p 500GB-NoctuaNFA14x2-RGB
iMac 5K Core i5 3.5GHz M295X 256GB SSD 24GB RAM.

User Info: blingbling078

blingbling078
2 months ago#4
Apple

User Info: GM_

GM_
2 months ago#5
Epic is being pathetic here trying to play the victim card when all of this was pre-meditated and they're trying to raise a child army to fight with them against Apple. I hope Apple bankrupts the f*** out of Epic in court fees. Because Apple has enough money to keep this court case going for 5,000 years if they wanted.
(edited 2 months ago)

User Info: Microcastle

Microcastle
2 months ago#6
https://daringfireball.net/linked/2020/08/18/apple-statement

So who blinks first? I think Epic will blink, submit a Fortnite update that reverts to compliance with the App Store guidelines, and try to save face by saying, “Look at what Apple forced us to do — we had to raise V-Bucks prices”. But they’ll keep their lawsuit going. The lawsuit, I think they’re serious about. The Fortnite update with their own payment processing was a publicity stunt.
:o)
(edited 2 months ago)

Kconv
2 months ago#7
GM_ posted...
Epic is being pathetic here trying to play the victim card when all of this was pre-meditated and they're trying to raise a child army to fight with them against Apple. I hope Apple bankrupts the f*** out of Epic in court fees. Because Apple has enough money to keep this court case going for 5,000 years if they wanted.

I dont think Epic is trying to win their case, I think Epic is trying to give the government ammunition to speed the break up of apple, by having all the senators and reps kids, and nephews, nieces and grandkids complain at them Apple took away their fortnite.

I think its going to work, and I dont like Epic, I just think they played this like a chess master.
(edited 2 months ago)

User Info: CelticsHomerPro

CelticsHomerPro
2 months ago#8
Epic Games is going to get rocked, alot of these boomers in the courts dont give a damn about video games.
Intel i7 5820k-RTX2060Super-32GB DDR4RAM-OCZ 240GB SSD-Windows10-1440p

User Info: skyMcWeeds

skyMcWeeds
2 months ago#9
Nice try Epic, but its clear to see you flat out lied to get these kids & their parents to fight their fight for you
Ha!
"Man does not live on bread alone"
Since there's always CAKE!

User Info: member1982

member1982
2 months ago#10
Fortnight is still banned, but Unreal Engine is safe temporarily.

Corsair 275R Carbide-16GB LPX 3600-Core i5 9400F-MSI GTX2070-GigabyteZ390UD-Intel 760p 500GB-NoctuaNFA14x2-RGB
iMac 5K Core i5 3.5GHz M295X 256GB SSD 24GB RAM.
(edited 2 months ago)
  1. Boards
  2. iOS (iPhone/iPad)
  3. Who's going to win Epic VS Apple.... FIGHTU!
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A