• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: srt984

srt984
1 month ago#1
Is it possible to block ads(youtube) on an ipad? I tried to look into it but it seems like they at one point allowed ad blockers but then flip flopped and neutered them?

User Info: member1982

member1982
1 month ago#2
i dont think you can block the ads on the youtube APP, because no app or extensions can interfere with it.

i would use brave browser that naturally blocks some ads by viewing the youtube website and try best to ignore it going to the app by default haha. The ads are very annoying when i try to listen to long monetized music.
or another browser and use extensions.

another option is of course join youtube premium.
Corsair 275R Carbide-16GB LPX 3600-Core i5 9400F-MSI GTX2070-GigabyteZ390UD-Intel 760p 500GB-NoctuaNFA14x2-RGB
iMac 5K Core i5 3.5GHz M295X 256GB SSD 24GB RAM.
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: Microcastle

Microcastle
1 month ago#3
In the app, no.

You can use the YouTube website via Safari and its content blockers will work to block ads, however the website can feel like a suboptimal YouTube experience in places.
:o)

srt984
1 month ago#4
I tried AdGuard with Safari, it didn't work. Which content blocker should I use?

User Info: GM_

GM_
1 month ago#5
srt984 posted...
I tried AdGuard with Safari, it didn't work. Which content blocker should I use?

Did you enable it in all the proper settings in the settings menu? I use one just called Adblock and it's worked fine for years. I literally never see ads on Safari with it.

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/adblock/id691121579
(edited 1 month ago)

srt984
1 month ago#6
Update: It seems to be working.
Is it that it didn't work because I hadn't opened the AdGuard app? I had enabled it for safari in the settings, but it didn't work until I opened the AdGuard app.
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A