• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. iOS (iPhone/iPad)
  3. New to iPhone...there's no Gamefaqs app?

User Info: Conker

Conker
4 months ago#11
TLR_ posted...
Unfortunately another browser does not, and cannot fix the poor UX of the mobile site... and on iPhones/iPads it adds a layer of complication since Brave cannot be set as the default browser... and to top it all off, Brave's using webkit as it's browser engine... just like Safari. We really just need something like PowerFAQs to fill the void.

If someone just wanted the browser for GFs, there wouldn’t be a complication for default browser support when it’d be for this site only that’d just stay on a tab. As poor as the layout is, for occasional posting and browsing on mobile, it’s perfectly usable. I can understand if you spend your life on this site it’s probably more annoying.
If you don't want to argue about something, take the initiative and stfu.
Lets Go: Lions, Red Wings, Tigers, Pistons!

User Info: GM_

GM_
4 months ago#12
Safari with adblocker on. Any other browser on iPhone is pretty bad I can't even stand Chrome or FireFox on iPhone.
It's Aeris not Aerith

User Info: drivenby

drivenby
4 months ago#13
GM_ posted...
Safari with adblocker on. Any other browser on iPhone is pretty bad I can't even stand Chrome or FireFox on iPhone.

Chrome drains battery like crazy for some reason on iPhone.
Homeless

User Info: gldoorii

gldoorii
4 months ago#14
I've yet to have any issues with Safari and an ad blocker. Site works fine for me.

User Info: member1982

member1982
4 months ago#15
when i try to load the mobile website, the ads always seems to be delayed when loading, and that results me in trying to click on something, but then it shifted and i almost always clicked what i didn't want to click. I guess i just have to wait that extra 1-2 seconds haha.

but right now still working from home, and 99% of the time i would be using the chrome with adblockers.
Corsair 275R Carbide-16GB LPX 3600-Core i5 9400F-MSI GTX2070-GigabyteZ390UD-Intel 760p 500GB-NoctuaNFA14x2-RGB
iMac 5K Core i5 3.5GHz M295X 256GB SSD 24GB RAM.
(edited 4 months ago)

User Info: EvilResident

EvilResident
4 months ago#16
drivenby posted...
this website is borderline unusable.
its not. i have literally no issues on iOS.

User Info: DMX99

DMX99
1 month ago#17
When PowerFAQS stopped working, i struggled using this site on my Chrome browser, but over time i got used to it and i probably wouldnt even switch if a new GameFAQS app becomes available.
EvilResident posted...
its not. i have literally no issues on iOS.

Taylor Swift is my soul mate <3.
Switch Friend Code: 4220-7375-8139, Pokemon Shield In-Game Name: Elsa https://tinyurl.com/y7pcbma6

User Info: TLR_

TLR_
1 month ago#19
DMX99 posted...
When PowerFAQS stopped working, i struggled using this site on my Chrome browser, but over time i got used to it and i probably wouldnt even switch if a new GameFAQS app becomes available.
I just created a homescreen shortcut to give the aesthetic of having a GameFAQs app. Takes me directly to my posts so I at least spend less time on the clunky mobile site navigation... and it's... tolerable. But if PowerFAQs showed up again (or we even got a iOS version of GameRaven) I'd be all over that.
I never realized how much battered wife syndrome Sonic fans have until I heard them say "It's surprising how well Sonic Adventure 2 aged!"

User Info: skyMcWeeds

skyMcWeeds
1 month ago#20
TLR_ posted...
But if PowerFAQs showed up again (or we even got a iOS version of GameRaven) I'd be all over that.
true very true.
"Man does not live on bread alone"
Since there's always CAKE!
  1. Boards
  2. iOS (iPhone/iPad)
  3. New to iPhone...there's no Gamefaqs app?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A