• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. iOS (iPhone/iPad)
  3. Can someone recommend a good controller and games...

User Info: fftstudent

fftstudent
4 months ago#11
TheCaliNerd posted...
Every game on this list is a complete game that you either buy upfront, or unlock the full game with a single IAP (e.g. Phoenix Wright Trilogy). As far as controller recommendations, the go to suggestion is the Steel Series Nimbus. However, the last iOS release added support for the Dual Shock 4 and Xbox One controllers, so you have plenty of options. Best of luck to you.

Bastion
Chameleon Run
Dust An Elysian Tale
F1 2016
GodFire
Monster Hunter: Freedom Unite
Need for Speed Most Wanted
Oceanhorn
Pac-Man CE DX
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trilogy*
Pixel Cup Soccer
Shadowgun
Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode II
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
Teen Titans: Teeny Titans GO!*
Titan Quest
TMNT: Portal Power*
Transistor
Where's My Water*

*= Touch screen only

Thank You @TheCaliNerd You just saved me some money! I already own an Xbox One, so that solves the controller problem. Now for a good game....

Nothing of Great value & Worth was ever gained without some form of chance taking or risk.
(message deleted)

User Info: Korlithiel

Korlithiel
4 months ago#13
I'm also using the Steelseries Nimbus. Unlike my Switch it feels quite sturdy, but unlike my Switch I find I often have issues accidentally not pressing or pressing a button or direction since things don't seem to just work. If I were investing in more hardware right now I would try out a dedicated gaming controller such as a PS4 DualShock. Steelseries makes a very durable controller, but it's not super portable, should have roughly the same compatibility on newer versions of iOS, and cost (last checked) in the same range as what Microsoft puts out for the Xbox or Sony for Playstation and both of those two are market leaders for a reason.

To game with a controller I've found I need a stand that I want to use, so I'm very happy to have found Moft as it goes with my iPhone everywhere so I don't need to dig it out and (while it blocks wireless charging) adds some nice grip as well when not gaming: https://www.moft.us/collections/moft-x-phone-stand-series
A gamer who posts occasionally via @Korlithiel on Twitter.com
Wakawaka a solar powered cellphone charger: http://us.waka-waka.com/
(edited 4 months ago)

User Info: fftstudent

fftstudent
4 months ago#14
Korlithiel posted...
I'm also using the Steelseries Nimbus. Unlike my Switch it feels quite sturdy, but unlike my Switch I find I often have issues accidentally not pressing or pressing a button or direction since things don't seem to just work. If I were investing in more hardware right now I would try out a dedicated gaming controller such as a PS4 DualShock. Steelseries makes a very durable controller, but it's not super portable, should have roughly the same compatibility on newer versions of iOS, and cost (last checked) in the same range as what Microsoft puts out for the Xbox or Sony for Playstation and both of those two are market leaders for a reason.

To game with a controller I've found I need a stand that I want to use, so I'm very happy to have found Moft as it goes with my iPhone everywhere so I don't need to dig it out and (while it blocks wireless charging) adds some nice grip as well when not gaming: https://www.moft.us/collections/moft-x-phone-stand-series

@Korlithiel Good looking out! I’ve been placing my phone on the living room table, hunched over as I play. This seems like a way better idea, and it doesn’t seem to be too expensive. Thanks!

Nothing of Great value & Worth was ever gained without some form of chance taking or risk.

User Info: Every1hasAids

Every1hasAids
2 months ago#15
PS4 controller.
PSN: Axiom_Hammer084
Best fighting games: ST and Tekken.

User Info: CRON

2 months ago#16
iOS 14 supports button remapping and motion controls (via bluetooth controllers) so a DualShock 4 might be your best bet.
[obligatory signature]
  1. Boards
  2. iOS (iPhone/iPad)
  3. Can someone recommend a good controller and games...
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A