• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. iOS (iPhone/iPad)
  3. What does everyone use to message their Android friends?

User Info: HellsingOrg

HellsingOrg
1 year ago#1
Just wondering since I have an iphone and I have android friends so like what do all Apple users use to chat and communicate with their Android friends? Like what app is used the most? Google Chat Hangouts? Or something else?
I was thinking of telling my android friends to download iMessage on the Android store... but then I was like that is kinda weird maybe I should use something they have and get it on my app store instead.
The bird of Hermes is my name eating my wings to make me tame.

User Info: skyMcWeeds

skyMcWeeds
1 year ago#2
I use WhatsApp to keep in touch with them green bubble acquaintances.
Just use something that both platform have.
"Man does not live on bread alone"
Since there's always CAKE!

User Info: member1982

member1982
1 year ago#3
WhatsApp, great on the computer as well.
Corsair 275R Carbide-16GB LPX 3600-Core i5 9400F-MSI GTX2070-GigabyteZ390UD-Intel 760p 500GB-NoctuaNFA14x2-RGB
iMac 5K Core i5 3.5GHz M295X 256GB SSD 24GB RAM.

User Info: TLR_

TLR_
1 year ago#4
Never really seen the need to make additional accommodations, even if they see it as SMS I'm still using the same app.
I never realized how much battered wife syndrome Sonic fans have until I heard them say "It's surprising how well Sonic Adventure 2 aged!"

User Info: dan1n1

dan1n1
1 year ago#5
Try Signal or Telegram.

User Info: GM_

GM_
1 year ago#6
SMS that's built into every iPhone?
My wife texts me with iMessage (SMS) and I use Samsung Messages. Not seeing what the issue is here.
When it is obvious that the goals cannot be reached, don't adjust the goals, adjust the action steps. - Confucius

User Info: member1982

member1982
1 year ago#8
GM_ posted...
SMS that's built into every iPhone?

MMS is crap.
Corsair 275R Carbide-16GB LPX 3600-Core i5 9400F-MSI GTX2070-GigabyteZ390UD-Intel 760p 500GB-NoctuaNFA14x2-RGB
iMac 5K Core i5 3.5GHz M295X 256GB SSD 24GB RAM.

User Info: HellsingOrg

HellsingOrg
1 year ago#9
Super Saiyan 3 Goku posted...
My wife texts me with iMessage (SMS) and I use Samsung Messages. Not seeing what the issue is here.

People like to use specific apps related to their own phones
The bird of Hermes is my name eating my wings to make me tame.
HellsingOrg posted...
People like to use specific apps related to their own phones
Not sure what this means. You don't have to download anything extra to communicate between Android/iOS.

You talk about having Android users "download iMessage", which doesn't make sense at all since iMessage is an Apple IP and not even available. Your friends are going to text you with whatever texting app they want and you will receive it via SMS.
When it is obvious that the goals cannot be reached, don't adjust the goals, adjust the action steps. - Confucius
  1. Boards
  2. iOS (iPhone/iPad)
  3. What does everyone use to message their Android friends?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A