• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. iOS (iPhone/iPad)
  3. Can't update apps in iOS 9? Here is a fix

User Info: admo

admo
4 years ago#1
Downloaded iOS 9 and after it installed, noticed I had 12 updates in the app store. But when I click on the update button, all the apps that have "available updates" only give the option to "open". Plus, the "update all" button at the top of the screen is greyed out.

So then I noticed that occasionally, as I open the App store app, and click on the updates button, the apps very briefly show the correct "update" button, before it switches to "open" Same with the Update All button at the top.

So, THE FIX:

Quit the app store app, and swipe it away to fully close it. This may not be necessary, but it doesn't hurt.

Open the app store, and allow it to fully load. Wait until the front page is populated and wait to see the red notification numbers above the "updates" button.

Touch the Updates button, THEN VERY QUICKLY touch the top right corner just below the battery status indicator. If you a a bit lucky and quick enough, your apps should start updating. If not, repeat these steps again. Took me three tries.

Good luck!
[P]lease remember, science rhymes with compliance. Do you know what doesn't rhyme with compliance?
Neurotoxin. - GLaDOS
  1. Boards
  2. iOS (iPhone/iPad)
  3. Can't update apps in iOS 9? Here is a fix
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Answers