• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure
  3. Koro/Alfred glitch. (PS1 version)

User Info: BahamutPrincess

BahamutPrincess
8 years ago#1
The PS board is kind of slow, hence my posting my inquiry here as well.

Well, I got Koro, and found the Snow Herb while in the Ice Temple... but for whatever reason Alfred is invisible!

I thought he just was outside somewhere, or wouldn't re-appear in the house until he was sick, but when I talk to his mom she asks me if I have the Snow Herb.

If I say yes, she talks to Alfred saying that he can get better now, only she looks like she's talking to thin air.

Alfred says something about Koro being back, but his mom says that that's just a puppet.

In the spot where I believe Koror is supposed to appear (he woofs), Cornet is there instead and kind of... glowing. She then disappears, and a few seconds later Kururu disappears. I can't seem to get Cornet to re-appear. I can get the menu to come up, but even after closing it the game still stays that way.

Alfred's mom and dad still wander around, and the music still plays.

Anyone know why this occured, or how to fix it? I'm playing on a PS2 and have had no other problems, and the disc is clean and scratch free.

This makes me sad if it means I have to start over if I want to complete the Koro sidequest. D:

Oh, and I just finished defeating the Centaur and getting the Earthstone, so is there a chance Alfred will suddenly appear again in bed later?
"Looks like taxes are going to go up. Guess I'll have to buy more cheapo ramen". *Random guy in Tales of Destiny*

User Info: Sn4k3Ey3S

Sn4k3Ey3S
8 years ago#2
hhmm, this board also left with few or no posters already. I never play the PS1 version, so can't help that much. I guess there are some glitch that remains un-debug. Even the DS version also have i believe.
--=}°º®©^InViNciB|3^§n4K3Ey3§^©®º°{=--

Sn4k3Ey3S
8 years ago#3
bump..... see if there any others who lurk around and help. hehee

Sn4k3Ey3S
8 years ago#4
bump... ... am i the only one left ? =(

BahamutPrincess
8 years ago#5
I guess so. XD

I think I figured out how to make it so the glitch DOESN'T happen.

If this was a major glitch I think we would have heard of it happening to other players.
"Looks like taxes are going to go up. Guess I'll have to buy more cheapo ramen". *Random guy in Tales of Destiny*

Sn4k3Ey3S
8 years ago#6
hhmm, wow ! u had been playing and trying out all along throughout this period ? R E S P E C T. HHmm, care to share what are the ways u found out to prevent this glitch ?

BahamutPrincess
8 years ago#7
Oh, no, I lost interest in playing the game back when I first mentioned the glitch, and haven't touched the game since.

Upon reading different FAQ's though, I think away to bypass the glitch is to wait to get Koro until the ice cave where the herb is found is available.

Then, after getting Koro, you then right away talk to Alfred's mom, because I think she'll then mention needing a Snow Herb.

Again, haven't tried it yet, but it sounds like it should work.

You CAN find the herb on your own (which I did), but I think that's what screwed up my game. I didn't know at the time I NEEDED the herb (or, at least, Cornet didn't), because the dog is supposed to sniff out the herb for you.

Sn4k3Ey3S
8 years ago#8
oh, i didn't know u can find the herb on your own. I knew that time i played also encountered a glitch. Up end i never do the sidequest or something like that.
My glitch was, upon entering the scene where the herb was, the whole screen / scene turns black. But music is still on. And if u exit that particular scene, the screen actually goes back to normal, or something like that. Can't remembered much though.
Then again, since its a "sidequest", so i decided to move on.
  1. Boards
  2. Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure
  3. Koro/Alfred glitch. (PS1 version)
  • Topic Archived