• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. NHL 09
  3. Most BS game ever

User Info: Lord Plothos

Lord Plothos
9 years ago#1
Let me first say that when this game isn't cheating it's a heck of a lot of fun.

But it periodically decides to violently sodomize you, and when it does it is one of the worst experiences you will ever have. Unrelenting BS and frustration because the f-ing thing has predetermined that your team will suck. Why on earth they designers thought this was a good idea, I have no idea, but some games everything every player on your team does will fail, and everything the other team does is pinpoint. There is literally nothing you can do when your poke checks go through the puck, when your body checks send you bouncing off while they skate away, when the puck passes straight through your block, when your goalie won't stop anything, and when every shot you take is either a miss or right into the goalie's midsection.

Case in point, my last game. Shots are 24-25. Final score 8-0.
I could deal with a goalie having and off night. But it's not just that. You can tell from the drop of the puck that the game has it in for you and that nothing you do will make a difference.

I officially hate EA with a passion for this crap. Never buying from them again.
www.rptools.net
100% FREE virtual table top, adaptable to any RP system.

User Info: Raid3nsnake

Raid3nsnake
9 years ago#2

its because your goalies confidence is **** trust me i have a goalie n my game that has zero confidence and despite being a 98 he lets in almost every shot where in my AHL goalie is a 82 and is a beast becuase he has a full confidence bar. this game is great but i do agree that ton the highest difficulty the game uses cheese goals. just dont let them in the slot and you ill be fine. and about your players bouncing off stop trying to hit him with some players or guys with low checking ratings.

1. Boards
  2. NHL 09
  3. Most BS game ever
  • Topic Archived