• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. NHL 09
  3. online number question

User Info: Evolvable

Evolvable
9 years ago#1
When I play NHL 09 online and the whistle blows, two numbers pop up on the bottom of the screen. Beside one of the numbers is my online name, and the other number is the online name of the person I am against.

What are these numbers all about, and do they occur in other online games as well?

I don't think these numbers have anything to do with who is winning the game, beside they seem to just change randomly.

Anybody know what the hell they are all about?
Final Fantasy Tactics...we need more RPG's with a serious tone/story/theme as it did...

User Info: OvenMan

OvenMan
9 years ago#2
I have wondered this myself. I think it has something to do with that overall score you see every now and then. You get points towards it after winning games in Dynasty, BAP, online, etc. As for what changes it, it seems to be higher for the team that is controlling play more or less. Score has less bearing on it than actual play, it seems. I've been losing a game that I was more or less dominating and seen my score be much higher than my opponent's.

That's just what I think it is. I could be completely wrong. Who knows.

User Info: Evolvable

Evolvable
9 years ago#3
Thanks for the response.

I agree that it seems to have something to do with who is controlling the play and generally doing better. But its weird that the game never seems to explicitly state what its all about. Nobody seems to know!
Final Fantasy Tactics...we need more RPG's with a serious tone/story/theme as it did...
  1. Boards
  2. NHL 09
  3. online number question
  • Topic Archived