• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Platinum Version
  3. How do you use the Dowsing Machine app?

User Info: raichudl

raichudl
9 years ago#1
Hi, i am at the 4 gym and have no idea which is the DM app or how to use it. CAn someone please help. Thanks.

I would like to find it so that i can find the Razor Fang.
Shut up and bag yourselves!!! -Cody Rhodes

User Info: helldew

helldew
9 years ago#2
it looks like a graph with out anything graphed on it with both axis drawn and it goes right down the middle (its on your poketch obviously) and you click it and circles will appear. after that it will then make a little blurb if there is a item near by.
ErrorSupply 3-D DS -OMG! It's the ultimate anti-pirate tech O:.

raichudl
9 years ago#3
I will try it again.

User Info: tiomasta

tiomasta
9 years ago#4
Note that the circle does mean its scan range, if there's an item in one side and you click on the opposite one, it won't reveal it.
You don't need to see it there beforehand though, if you know its exact location you can just press A when looking at it.

And here's a bit of trivia. If you scan and it finds a plate (those that boost one move type, the ones for Arceus), then the app will go crazy, with circles appearing over and over, with it unable to show the item location.
There are three types of people in the world: people that can count, and people that can't.
"I hate when people quote themselves in their sigs." -Me

raichudl
9 years ago#5
Found an item with the DM. It took awhile for me to realize that I can't be standing on top of an item.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Platinum Version
  3. How do you use the Dowsing Machine app?
  • Topic Archived

Still need help? Check out our guides and walkthroughs

Dowsing Machine FAQ by Liquefy 4 years ago
Pal Park FAQ by KeyBlade999 8 years ago
Guide and Walkthrough by KeyBlade999 8 years ago
Boss Guide by DarkPersian479 9 years ago
Gym Leader/Elite Four/Rival Guide by Murk 9 years ago

GameFAQs Q&A