no online coop

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: KFactor1

KFactor1
9 years ago#1
http://www.n4g.com/tech/News-181867.aspx

at least there is still online multiplayer...but no coop :(
solo dodo :)

User Info: KFactor1

KFactor1
9 years ago#2
:( i got beat to it....didnt read the other post...opps
solo dodo :)

User Info: CPrince1000

CPrince1000
9 years ago#3
I'm hoping offline co-op will be good hopfully it might make up for it

User Info: ItalianDices

ItalianDices
9 years ago#4
Kfactor (D)
Proud member of Honors Wrath.
MoHH2 personas ~ HW Dj A Class, RevDjAClass

User Info: NL_LINK

NL_LINK
9 years ago#5
It still have 4players split screen online witch its better.
Join Nintendo Legends!
http://www.thenintendolegends.com

User Info: fortunzfavor

fortunzfavor
9 years ago#6
I'll have what NL Link is having.
fortunZzz
wiihd.fortunz.com

User Info: hXc_Chris

hXc_Chris
9 years ago#7
* It still have online multiplayer with no split screen what-so-ever witch its better.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMbJU5tY3gA

User Info: undrclsshero

undrclsshero
9 years ago#8
Latest post on offline coop from Treyarch:
*Hi everybody,

I'll start by saying there is cooperative gameplay on the Wii. We have a Wii-specific feature called "Squadmate" which allows two players to play co-op locally. More information on this can be found later in this post.

Now, I have seen a number of concerned posts and e-mails about the Wii co-op. I’ve heard many arguments for many games that have online cooperative components on the Wii, but need to impress upon you the difference between those games and Call of Duty: World at War. Hopefully, I can set some things straight within the Wii community.

First, we have teams of engineers that have investigated online co-op for the Wii, and it simply is not physically possible with the Wii hardware and the engine we have running on the platform. The graphical accomplishments of CoD:WW utilize more of the system resources available on the Wii than other games in order to look as good as it does.

Also -- when talking about developing for the Wii platform – it’s important to understand the difference between Multiplayer and Co-op. In a competitive Multiplayer environment, the levels are much smaller than any Singleplayer level. So for a shooter on the Wii that may have 20+ player online competitive play does not at all suggest that CoD:WW should be able to accomplish 4-player online co-op, because it isn’t so much the player count that matters in this regard.

For a Multiplayer level, you need only enough geometry to sustain a fun competitive environment for players. An SP level, however, would be much larger than your given MP level, The amount of overhead that adds to the system (in terms of memory and processing power required to store and render that kind of data) is non-trivial. Then when you take into consideration all the AI, scripting, and client synchronization, there is an awful lot more that has to go on under-the-hood with co-op that simply cannot fit on the Wii platform. I haven’t even touched on the client-server host paradigm of our net code and the additional complexities it adds to this problem domain…

Our goal has always been to design the most fun, best-looking WW2 shooter of the year on the next-gen platforms. We have made a tremendous effort to bring this experience to the Wii. The team we have working on the Wii has designed a co-op mode unique to the Wii, called “Squadmate.” You can have a friend pick up another Zapper and jump right into the action in real-time with an additional crosshair to help take out baddies.

All that said, the Wii version of the game is loads of fun. Our local Wii co-op mode is similar to an arcade game you may play where two shooters share the screen and take out enemies. If you claim you don’t have fun with those games while at an arcade, I’d claim you’re making up stories =P. Our game is so much more than an arcade game though, with its awesome story arch, phenomenal graphics, and unique control scheme.

We are aware of your concerns and as always, appreciate your questions. We are confident in the game we’ve designed. I look forward to your feedback when the game ships this fall.

Regards,
-JD *

From the COD5 WaW site www.callofduty.com
JTR - Some people have that internal drive to accomplish something meaningful with their life. I am the person that laughs at those people.

User Info: TeutonicNights

TeutonicNights
9 years ago#9
Ok, so it's 2 crosshairs co-op after all...
didn't they say it was splitscreen co-op somewhere? Oh well, I can live with that I guess.

still two open questions:

Splitscreen multiplayer?
vehicles in multiplayer?
Zoe: I know something ain't right.
Wash: Sweetie, we're crooks. If everything were right, we'd be in jail.

User Info: newtoncat

newtoncat
9 years ago#10
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived