• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Toki Tori
  3. Bubble Barrage Hard 3

User Info: pelago_uk

pelago_uk
10 years ago#1
Hi, I'm having trouble with Bubble Barrage Hard 3. Specifically, the bit I'm stuck on is the bit in TrulyDexterous' FAQ which says:

"On the other side, go to the end of the platform and use the Bubble Suit to
move one space out, then one space down. Look below and you will see the
Fish moving back and forth, trapped by an Egg. Wait until the Fish has nearly
reached the Egg, then make your final move downwards. You will drop onto the
Egg (3). Quickly walk one space to the right and throw an Instant Rock. If
you are fast enough, the Fish will be trapped by the Rock."

I have tried dozens of times, but I'm not able to throw an Instant Rock before the fish gets in the way. Is this really possible? Is there another way to complete this level without such tight timing?

User Info: TrulyDexterous

TrulyDexterous
10 years ago#2
That's the only way I know. Do you use the remote and nunchuck?
Orthodoxy is unconsciousness

User Info: pelago_uk

pelago_uk
10 years ago#3
As is often the way, after trying for hours to do this level, I completed it just after posting. The way I did it was to walk to the edge of the platform above the egg, but instead of using two bubbles to hover over the egg and release at just the right time, I just walked off the ledge at the right time. Doing it this way allowed me to have the Instant Rock tool preselected, saving time selecting it later, and I could specifically point at the point one step in from the ledge while standing above the ledge, saving time having to take a step forward later. Using this method I could drop in the Instant Rock in the correct place about 50% of the time.

I should explain that I'm using the Wiimote only, which is probably the problem (although I haven't had a problem with most other levels)! Other methods may make it easier to switch tools and so on.

User Info: TrulyDexterous

TrulyDexterous
10 years ago#4
Maybe I could update the FAQ for the Wiimote only folks out there.
Orthodoxy is unconsciousness
  1. Boards
  2. Toki Tori
  3. Bubble Barrage Hard 3
  • Topic Archived