• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Trauma Center: Under the Knife 2
  3. Now Wait a minute *SPOILERS FOR THIS AND SECOND OPINION*

User Info: pokemaster999

pokemaster999
8 years ago#1
Now Derek decided to operate on Emilio last because he has GUILT antibodies.
BUT! It is stated in Second Opinion in 6-7 or 6-8 Fallen Heroes that Derek is the only one who can operate on the GUILT patients because anyone else would get infected. Derek asks Naomi/Nozomi Weaver/Kimishima why and she says that because Derek had GUILT before and was cured he cannot contract GUILT again because of said antibodies.
Long story short Atlus has MASSIVE continuity problems.
Right now I'm afraid we're exhibiting naught but dust bunnies~Blathers
AC:CF info: Zen in Z Town Friend code: 1033-0063-2008

pokemaster999
8 years ago#2
Not to mention some a factual error.
If you read the description of GUILT in Second Opinion's Manual it is an Auto-Immune Disease. You cannot get antibodies against an auto-immune disease. Plus I fail to see how any strain of GUILT except maybe Deftera is a mutated cell of the victim's body.

User Info: firstgold

firstgold
8 years ago#3
The booklets really don't offer any hard story to it, so I wouldn't pay any attention to it.

But the discontinuity though is correct. I noticed the same thing but I decided to ignore it. I think the 6th chapter in SO was an alternate timeline. Derek seemed surprised by the news of a GUILT antibody in UtK2, yet he already knew he had them, so the alternate timeline seems to be correct.
Want to add me on facebook? Go to facebook.com/firstgold
Just mention what your GameFAQs/Gamespot username is!

pokemaster999
8 years ago#4
true about the manuals for the most part, but SO's manual clearly states that GUILT "mutates a cell of the victim's body which then attacks the affected area until the victim dies."

User Info: firstgold

firstgold
8 years ago#5
Right, but in practice, do we even SEE that? I've known many games to give conflicting information. Usually what happens on screen is what is true. GUILT is a parasite, which can potentially spread through the air while growing in the attached host. That is what we know, that is what I'm going to stick to, and that is what is true.
Want to add me on facebook? Go to facebook.com/firstgold
Just mention what your GameFAQs/Gamespot username is!

User Info: bibliomaniac15

bibliomaniac15
8 years ago#6
It's hard to imagine how exactly a cell could mutate and swell to such enormous, intricate proportions. In fact, because of the surface area-volume ratio, it's downright impossible for the metabolism and protein synthesis of a single cell to allow it to move rapidly, swim around freely, and make such quick lacerations all in one. Only a multicelled organism can pull something like that off. I like to go off of Second Opinion's viewpoint for canon, but considering GUILT an autoimmune disorder adds more silliness to an already pseudoscientific game.

User Info: BreakneckWalrus

BreakneckWalrus
8 years ago#7
Maybe each GUILT strain is just a conglomeration of mutated white blood cells?
This sentence has five words. This sentence has eight words. Only one sentence in this signature is true.

User Info: spidey_fan

spidey_fan
8 years ago#8
If I remember correctly, the sixth chapter isn't canon...
With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility

User Info: _SecretSquirrel

_SecretSquirrel
8 years ago#9
I think an easier explanation would be that the new strains of GUILT could resist those antibodies, but those with them would stand a better chance of survival.
"Go get me Jared...from Subway!" -- CM Punk
I just got hit with a Dr. Football in the groin as a result of the 2010 Guru contest.

User Info: Earth_Sword24

Earth_Sword24
8 years ago#10
One thing is that Derek didn't contract PGS. You would think that with a combination of Post-Kyriaki and (maybe)Post-Paraskevi on his heart would have been way too bad.

However, I doubt Post-Paraskevi exists, since Cybil wasn't shown to be affected by PGS. Neither did Greg, so same on Post-Tetarti. Hoffman also didn't get Post-Savato, even though Blackwell did.

I dunno about Derek, but he worked on Pempti, Triti, Deftera, and Hoffman's bloody Vulnerability, uh, I mean, Savato.

Also, Naomi is canon, she's in Trauma Team, making Chapter 6 canon.

BTW, even if Emilio had antibodies, they were for the wrong kind, he had Pempti but he was killed by Kyriaki.
Weapon triangle? What is it? Can it be eaten?
  1. Boards
  2. Trauma Center: Under the Knife 2
  3. Now Wait a minute *SPOILERS FOR THIS AND SECOND OPINION*
  • Topic Archived