• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
ParanoidObsessive 9 years ago#1
In the original SvR games, you moved your character with the D-Pad, and the analog sticks were used for different things.

SvR2007 switched the movement controls to the analog stick (presumably because it made online play easier? I have no idea why), but you could still change the setting in options, and switch it back to using the D-Pad for movement.

I've heard that SvR2008, no option to change things back to the old way exists, so you're basically stuck with the analog sticks whether you want them or not. I have no idea if this is true or not, but it did sort of keep me from bothering to buy the game when it came out.

Now I'm pondering maybe picking SvR2009 up now that it's cheaper, but I really disliked the analog control scheme, and would probably be less inclined to pick it up if I was stuck with only that. So, can you switch to D-Pad controls in 2009? Or is analog pretty much the mandatory control scheme now?
"Wall of Text'D!" --- oldskoolplayr76
"POwned again." --- blight family

User Info: nps_pon2182

nps_pon2182
9 years ago#2
yes, get it...you can switch back to using the directional pad to move your character, just select control type B...that's what i use
ParanoidObsessive 9 years ago#3
Sweet. And thanks!
"Wall of Text'D!" --- oldskoolplayr76
"POwned again." --- blight family
  • Topic Archived