You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4
  3. Persona 4 Mandela Effect..?

User Info: GMB1990

GMB1990
6 months ago#1
So I played P4 on the PS2 more than 10 years ago back in 2008, and I vividly remember that one of the class questions that the teachers asked was something about the English numbers and how they were invented by the Arabs or something. Fast forward to today and tried to look it up again on multiple Persona wikis and walkthroughs but couldn't find that question anywhere. I even checked the Persona 3 and P4G ones and still nothing! It's like it never existed in the first place, but I'm *sure* that it did because I also remember talking about it with my sister!

Am I losing my mind? Or is this what people refer to as the Mandela Effect??

User Info: MJR_Raikov

MJR_Raikov
6 months ago#2
I specifically remember that question being part of the P3FES exams too lol...strange.

User Info: Frankmaster1

Frankmaster1
5 months ago#3
The guides don’t have all the text, right? The thing about the Arabs may have been an “and by the way” added on to the teacher’s response.

User Info: GMB1990

GMB1990
5 months ago#4
Frankmaster1 posted...
The guides don’t have all the text, right? The thing about the Arabs may have been an “and by the way” added on to the teacher’s response.

I don't think so, no. I clearly remember that the question was something about who created/ introduced the English numbers or something to that effect and one of the answers was specifically the Arabs.
hm... i remember that one too?
the sky above the port was the color of television, tuned to a dead channel.

User Info: reaver_daemon

reaver_daemon
3 months ago#6
GMB1990 posted...
Frankmaster1 posted...

I don't think so, no. I clearly remember that the question was something about who created/ introduced the English numbers or something to that effect and one of the answers was specifically the Arabs.

Nope, he's got the right of it. The question isn't actually who invented numbers, it's "Do you know when numbers were invented?" The answer is 6000 years, and then the teacher goes on to explain that Arabs invented the number zero as part of the fluff text.

So no Mandela effect, just some fuzzy memories.

Here's a video for confirmation:

https://youtu.be/Y_vLl_ujz6Y?list=PLpLa9RBBpc8J184BrnfVMgvHv32YSWHdg&t=328

User Info: reaver_daemon

reaver_daemon
3 months ago#7
Lol and even I got part of it wrong. Looks like the Arabs aren't directly involved either. It was actually the Indians who invented Arabic numerals - which are what we call "English numbers" too. KInd of a lot to keep track of honestly.

User Info: Bombilation

Bombilation
3 months ago#8
I remember that question in P5, but maybe I’m misremembering. I’m playing P4 right now, and I haven’t encountered such a question yet.
#Free6ix9ine
It's a beautiful day outside.

User Info: HunkDude

HunkDude
1 month ago#9
persona 4 trivia questions are always my favorite part of the game
  1. Boards
  2. Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4
  3. Persona 4 Mandela Effect..?