• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. NFL Head Coach 09
  3. This is still the best football game for the PS3

User Info: SackMachine

SackMachine
7 years ago#1
Even though you can't even play the game on the field, for franchise fans like me, this just about had everything done right.

When Josh Looman became the director of Madden '12 I was like, "Here we go, a PLAYABLE version of Head Coach!" But instead we got a watered down version of the game that stripped out most of what made Head Coach so good.

I do miss the Training Camp drills. Gave me a connection to the players I have drafted and watching them become good players or busts, so that was something I wish was added back into Maddens.

Contract negotiations were a little silly in this game. You were pretty much going to pay through the nose for anybody and just quibbled over bonuses really.

Not being able to edit players and the fact that if you tried to edit any D-Line # you got 60's and 70's only. I do realize that more D-line men are using those numbers, but a majority still use 90's.

And I really don't like the scripted draft classes because it allows for easy cheating. Random is so much better, or better yet, allow NCAA imported draft classes.

It is sad that the best Maddens are all still on the PS2. I really would like to play a good Madden on the PS3, but I guess that won't happen and I'll have to see if they can ever get it right on the next system.
  1. Boards
  2. NFL Head Coach 09
  3. This is still the best football game for the PS3
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A