• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. NFL Head Coach 09
  3. The NEXT Head Coach - Bad News, and hope for change

User Info: gill0137

gill0137
10 years ago#1
I have an EA mole who knows I love this game... and here's what I've found out by bugging him.

- There will be no 2010 Head Coach
- Even worse, Head Coach is not on any of the planning queues, thus every day that passes makes 2011 HC even less likely
- HC 2009 and the original were blah sellers, thus no impetus to create more
-EA is under contract with the NFL to make two games - So Madden and something else. More and more that something else is likely to be a street game or some other arcade-type version.
- Online gaming might save head coach. EA recognizes the bugginess of the current games, and the hard media, ship and release has been detrimental to correcting the game. However, an online game would allow EA to start with a basic game and then roll out features.

For example - the original game might be simply rosters, a Madden engine, and head coach functions.
Roll out two might include a draft and career mode.
Roll out three could deal with assistant/positional coaches etc.

The previous is purely my speculation, not the actual development plan. The main idea is that an incomplete game could be released and improved over time.

Here's hoping this happens!
  1. Boards
  2. NFL Head Coach 09
  3. The NEXT Head Coach - Bad News, and hope for change
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A