You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Tales of Vesperia
  3. yuri's mystic arte self canceled??!!

User Info: tezzilla

tezzilla
1 month ago#1
so at the 1v1 fight with flynn and i have level 3 meter, triggered the mystic arte as it shows on top my mystic arte, then suddenly nothing but somehow its flynn who used it and my limit meter is back at 0 =.=

tried the fight again like many times and same outcome...

i even waited for him to use his over limit and his mystic art to use mine but instead it cancelled out mine and became his.... wtf and then he instantly entered another over limit and another mystic arte thats 3 in 20 seconds....

tried again did a few testing and spammed limit bottles and spammed my mystic artes every single time i trigger my mystic artes it became his like 6 mystic artes....
"I can understand you wanting to kill yourself, but can't you think of another way to commit suicide?" Duo Maxwell
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: GIare

GIare
1 month ago#2
It's meant for the secret mission.
N3DS/Vita|/WiiU|Switch|PS4|X1|FC: 1934-0707-9410| PSN: MrEspionage| Steam: NoctisXi|
i5 4690, 16GB DDR3, GTX 1080ti FTW3, 750w PSU, Z97, NotEnoughTB HDD/SSD

tezzilla
1 month ago#3
GIare posted...
It's meant for the secret mission.

Yes but I triggered 4 mystic artes in one fight and they all became his mystic artes...
"I can understand you wanting to kill yourself, but can't you think of another way to commit suicide?" Duo Maxwell

tezzilla
1 month ago#4
Ok after closing the game my first mystic arte became his but then second one was fine dont know wtf was going on.

I'm playing the definitive edition on the switch btw
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: MystearicaGrant

MystearicaGrant
1 month ago#5
The deal with the Flynn fight is that he is countering your MA with his own. I believe this is a mechanic with all Tales series Rivals, ever since MAs have been a proper thing.

Like all the other Rival fights I know, you can block the counter MA by knocking Flynn into the air first, or perhaps by stunning him(birds around the head). Any Arte that can connect into a Mystic and also leaves the enemy airborne for even a short time should work.
Spell card! Diamond Will ~ Unbreakable Determination!
  1. Boards
  2. Tales of Vesperia
  3. yuri's mystic arte self canceled??!!