• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Tales of Vesperia
  3. Flynn (part 3) *possible spoilers*

User Info: allstar64

allstar64
7 months ago#1
So just a quick question. At the end of part 2 I had Flynn in my party as I had thought he was now permanent. I wasn't thinking much about it and had him holding my Dice Item. Now I'm in part 3 and much to my annoyance I see that Flynn was very much not permanent and even worse according to the FAQ he never joins you permanently. Now I don't know when/if I'm ever going to be able to get my Dice back off of him. With a simple Yes or No will I be able to recover my item from him? If yes is it a story line thing or can I literally like activate a quest and go get them?

User Info: Xxokami

Xxokami
7 months ago#2
Yes. You do in fact get him as a permanent member EVENTUALLY. I kept thinking the same thing, but I just got him back.

User Info: allstar64

allstar64
7 months ago#3
Thanks for responding. It's come to my attention that this might have been a difference with the definitive edition vs the original edition. I think in the original edition of this game Flynn did not become a permanent party member.

User Info: Brother Ein

Brother Ein
7 months ago#4
allstar64 posted...
Thanks for responding. It's come to my attention that this might have been a difference with the definitive edition vs the original edition. I think in the original edition of this game Flynn did not become a permanent party member.

Definitely did not become a permanent member in the original.

User Info: OgreRecruiter

OgreRecruiter
1 month ago#5
allstar64 posted...

I really don't like to Necro unless there is a good point to doing so.

Xbox 360: Flynn is only available for one fight in the entire game. Whatever you equip on him (if you can) can be lost if you dont take it back before the fight ends. I don't remember if the game does this for you.

PS3 version (Definitive Edition PS4/Switch/PC included) Flynn's role in the party has been expanded. Throughout the story he will join you for brief periods of time. (Such as when you storm Zaude to kill Alexei) Flynn only joins permanently once you make your way to the final dungeon.

Honestly if you go to play the game again and have any of the above systems, its worth the money, especially if you enjoyed the 360 version.
PC, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, Andriod
Currently Playing: Final Fantasy XV(PS4), Skyrim(PC), The Legend Of Zelda:BOTW
(edited 1 month ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Tales of Vesperia
  3. Flynn (part 3) *possible spoilers*
  • Post New Message