You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Tales of Vesperia
  3. Too many remakes and remasters

User Info: rifasclub

rifasclub
3 months ago#11
Heeem... no. Just because Tales is not annual anymore doesn't mean is dead. They just realized it became difficult for fans to keep up, specially casuals.
Fire Emblem Fates Addres:
03065-75094-15733-70303

User Info: Daymos256

Daymos256
3 months ago#12
ShadowJMF posted...
raazychx posted...
An opinion is still an opinion even if every person in the world agrees
Good and bad are subjective, and thus, they ALWAYS represent opinion and cannot be fact

There are several things wrong with this statement. Here's my half-baked attempt at philosophy.

A) World War II was a historical event that factually occurred between the dates of 1939 to 1945, dates variable depending on a country's viewpoint.

B) I think World War II was a bad historical event.

C) According to the original argument, "good and bad are subjective, and thus, they always represent opinion and cannot be fact," and because my opinion is that World War II is a bad thing, the historical event called World War II (the deaths of millions) being a bad thing is an opinion, and not a fact.

D) Because my opinion is that World War II was a bad thing, and because opinions only represent subjectivity and not fact, the historical event called World War II is subjective and not a fact.

F) We could take this a step further and say World War II never occurred.

Please let me know if I'm not understanding the argument correctly.

How did this turn into an argument to begin with? Like, this subject has literally nothing to do with the content topic.

So since World War II occured it PROVES that Tales of Vesperia is the best tales game and belongs in the top 10 BEST rpgs of all time. Got it.
RPG Gamer / Last Finished- The Alliance Alive
Now Playing- Tales of Vesperia
raazychx posted...
C) According to the original argument, "good and bad are subjective, and thus, they always represent opinion and cannot be fact," and because my opinion is that World War II is a bad thing, the historical event called World War II (the deaths of millions) being a bad thing is an opinion, and not a fact.

That's correct.

raazychx posted...
D) Because my opinion is that World War II was a bad thing, and because opinions only represent subjectivity and not fact, the historical event called World War II is subjective and not a fact.

But that is not. The part of "WW2 was bad" that is opinion is "was bad" not "WW2". WW2 is not part of the original syllogism, no noun was, merely an adjective. So WW2 is fact, your description of it is opinion. At least, that's the common assertion; I think there are things that objectively worse than other things that other people will try and claim as opinion, confusing as they do quality with personal taste, but whatever. Glad I could help.
"The black wind howls. One among you will shortly perish"
Magus
  1. Boards
  2. Tales of Vesperia
  3. Too many remakes and remasters