4 months ago #12
ShadowJMF posted...
raazychx posted...
An opinion is still an opinion even if every person in the world agrees
Good and bad are subjective, and thus, they ALWAYS represent opinion and cannot be fact

There are several things wrong with this statement. Here's my half-baked attempt at philosophy.

A) World War II was a historical event that factually occurred between the dates of 1939 to 1945, dates variable depending on a country's viewpoint.

B) I think World War II was a bad historical event.

C) According to the original argument, "good and bad are subjective, and thus, they always represent opinion and cannot be fact," and because my opinion is that World War II is a bad thing, the historical event called World War II (the deaths of millions) being a bad thing is an opinion, and not a fact.

D) Because my opinion is that World War II was a bad thing, and because opinions only represent subjectivity and not fact, the historical event called World War II is subjective and not a fact.

F) We could take this a step further and say World War II never occurred.

Please let me know if I'm not understanding the argument correctly.

How did this turn into an argument to begin with? Like, this subject has literally nothing to do with the content topic.

So since World War II occured it PROVES that Tales of Vesperia is the best tales game and belongs in the top 10 BEST rpgs of all time. Got it.
RPG Gamer / Last Finished- The Alliance Alive
Now Playing- Tales of Vesperia