You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Tales of Vesperia
  3. Too many remakes and remasters

User Info: Mr_Takisuteni

Mr_Takisuteni
6 months ago#1
Is the current console gaming gens dead?
PSN/NS: Takiowns
If you think Final Fantasy Tactics is the best turn-b JRPG of all time, you are mistaken, it is second to Vanguard Bandits.

User Info: GrieverZero

GrieverZero
6 months ago#2
I don't think so. As long they are done right I don't find anything wrong with remakes/remasters.
"Transforming the infinite darkness into light! Unmatched in heaven and Earth...one machine, equal to the gods! Super Galaxy Gurren Lagann!"

User Info: Nogaham

Nogaham
6 months ago#3
How is this a good example for a game that has been remastered too often? This was only ever available on the 360 in a localized form for the western market. I'd say this is one of the best examples for a game that actually needed the remaster.

User Info: thesuperjag

thesuperjag
6 months ago#4
Nogaham posted...
How is this a good example for a game that has been remastered too often? This was only ever available on the 360 in a localized form for the western market. I'd say this is one of the best examples for a game that actually needed the remaster.

Agreed! Tales of Vesperia is a 10 year old game at least.... that hasn’t ever gotten a release to the West ever since then.

User Info: LamuseWelkar

LamuseWelkar
6 months ago#5
The key point you're missing is that, for most of us, this isn't just a remaster. Yeah, graphics are updated, but we're actually getting content that was never released outside of Japan.

Also, just because old games can still be good doesn't mean that new games can't.
An opinion is still an opinion even if every person in the world agrees
Good and bad are subjective, and thus, they ALWAYS represent opinion and cannot be fact

User Info: UnholyHolyman

UnholyHolyman
6 months ago#6
OP and LamuseWalker have really stupid sigs.
Every time I view a message board, my faith in humanity dwindles further.

User Info: wheresatari

wheresatari
6 months ago#7
UnholyHolyman posted...
OP and LamuseWalker have really stupid sigs.

Who are you to judge what means something to someone? Let's take a look at your sig while we're here. Your post was unhelpful to say the least, and was simply meant to bring others down. Does that qualify? Be the change you're looking for instead of a hypocrite. Maybe a direct answer or silence next time? Yeah.
I am the Way and the Truth and the Life; no man comes to the Father except by Me.
-The Lord Jesus Christ. John 14 verse 6.

User Info: raazychx

raazychx
4 months ago#8
Good and bad are subjective, and thus, they ALWAYS represent opinion and cannot be fact

There are several things wrong with this statement. Here's my half-baked attempt at philosophy.

A) World War II was a historical event that factually occurred between the dates of 1939 to 1945, dates variable depending on a country's viewpoint.

B) I think World War II was a bad historical event.

C) According to the original argument, "good and bad are subjective, and thus, they always represent opinion and cannot be fact," and because my opinion is that World War II is a bad thing, the historical event called World War II (the deaths of millions) being a bad thing is an opinion, and not a fact.

D) Because my opinion is that World War II was a bad thing, and because opinions only represent subjectivity and not fact, the historical event called World War II is subjective and not a fact.

F) We could take this a step further and say World War II never occurred.

Please let me know if I'm not understanding the argument correctly.
FFRK code: gYFY

User Info: chrcol

chrcol
4 months ago#9
Mr_Takisuteni posted...
Is the current console gaming gens dead?

I prefer remakes to horrible loot based games.

We have horrible RNG based loot systems in both berseria and zesteria, and presumably will also in the next tales games, so when vesperia DE came out it was a breath of fresh air.

Even with it having the broken bosses from the ps3 build its still a much better game than most new games.

Remakes are been done for 3 prime reasons.

1 - Limited budgets for new games, and they spending too much for each brand new game now.
2 - Generation of kids playing games today never played the originals of said games so to them is like a new game.
3 - They run out of ideas for new games so refreshing old ones keeps games variable instead of one loot game after another.

User Info: ShadowJMF

ShadowJMF
3 months ago#10
raazychx posted...

There are several things wrong with this statement. Here's my half-baked attempt at philosophy.

A) World War II was a historical event that factually occurred between the dates of 1939 to 1945, dates variable depending on a country's viewpoint.

B) I think World War II was a bad historical event.

C) According to the original argument, "good and bad are subjective, and thus, they always represent opinion and cannot be fact," and because my opinion is that World War II is a bad thing, the historical event called World War II (the deaths of millions) being a bad thing is an opinion, and not a fact.

D) Because my opinion is that World War II was a bad thing, and because opinions only represent subjectivity and not fact, the historical event called World War II is subjective and not a fact.

F) We could take this a step further and say World War II never occurred.

Please let me know if I'm not understanding the argument correctly.

How did this turn into an argument to begin with? Like, this subject has literally nothing to do with the content topic.
There. I added a signature...
  1. Boards
  2. Tales of Vesperia
  3. Too many remakes and remasters