• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: KiraResari

KiraResari
9 months ago#1
Do some units just have faster charge speeds than others?

I ask this because this is my second playthrough, and just like in the first playthrough I was never dissatisfied with the charge speed of warriors until I got Rondine, and then I thought, "Wow, this guy charges really slowly."

What's up with that?
Chase your dream, or your dream will chase you.
www.tri-tail.com
(edited 9 months ago)

User Info: StucklnMyPants

StucklnMyPants
9 months ago#2
Charge speed is based on the charge power of the weapon, and class and current elevation.

The actual power percentage on the weapon plays a role in how long it takes to charge. Strengthening your weapons will also increase the time it takes to charge up to full. The difference is usually close to double the amount of time for a regular weapon compared to the same weapon but at +9. It's usually beneficial to leave some weapons at base rank, especially for Warriors whose main job is to break stage items.

For elevation, the tl;dr is : (Slowest) Warrior and Knight -> Duelist -> Wizard = Priest ->Hermit = Archer (Fastest).

The game actually mentions this in one of the tutorials, but it says Warriors and Duelists are the slowest followed by the Knight. But in my testing it's actually the way I listed above. From a very basic observation that I jotted down off of one of the maps (i.e. I really didn't thoroughly test it out):

• Warriors get around a 1.2% difference in charge time per point in elevation
  • Knights are around 1.4%
  • Duelists are around 3.5%
  • Priests and Wizards are around 6.5%
  • Hermits and Archers are around 11%
One of the early maps is really good for testing these out. I forget which one it is (it's around stage 10 - 20), but it has one spot on 0.0 elevation and another spot on 14.0 elevation. Hermits and Archers at 14 elevation will take around half a second to charge all the way up, it's pretty crazy.
Power concedes nothing without a demand.

User Info: KiraResari

KiraResari
9 months ago#3
I already knew about the elevation stuff.

That point with the charge power of the weapon is pretty interesting and could explain this. Where is this displayed? I try looking for it, but I can't seem to find any such stat anywhere.
Chase your dream, or your dream will chase you.
www.tri-tail.com

User Info: StucklnMyPants

StucklnMyPants
8 months ago#4
When you choose a weapon, if you hold the stylus over the weapon, it will be displayed on the top screen. The Power stat is at the bottom on the top screen. It says something to the effect of, "Pow. +50% to Max Damage". The percentage will be different for each weapon but you get the point.

Also, just to be clear, charge time is not affected by different characters within the same class. All Warriors have the same charge time, and all Archers have the same charge time, etc.
Power concedes nothing without a demand.
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A

How do I trigger the endings? General3 Answers
Used game how do I reset it? Tech Support1 Answer
Harder difficulties/Leveling? General3 Answers
In scene 23.5 how can i get the ancardia? Side Quest4 Answers
How do I save my progress? Tech Support2 Answers