• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Knights in the Nightmare
  3. Range not spreading to lower elevations?

User Info: KiraResari

KiraResari
1 year ago#1
I just ran into this, and can't find an explanation for it.

It was in the chapter "Gathering of the Four", where I tried to open the chest that was five spaces to the bottom right of the mage. It was in the fully charged range of the mage's Chaos attack, but somehow despite being shown as in range, the attack did not connect with the chest and some other spaces on lower elevations.

I later moved the duelist to be diagonally adjacent to the chest (direct left) and tried to hit it with the Law attack. However, that, too, did not connect.

So, what is the logic here? The only thing I can think of is that attacks do not hit any spaces lower than the attack's origin space, which would explain what observed, but also be a bit weird...
Chase your dream, or your dream will chase you.
www.tri-tail.com

User Info: StucklnMyPants

StucklnMyPants
1 year ago#2
Each weapon has a unique height restriction. It's written as -2~+1, or similar. This is their shorthand way of telling the player that this weapon will hit at 2 height lower or 1 height higher. And you are correct, the attack's origin space is used as the default space when determining height, so plan your attacks from that space, based on the height restrictions of the weapons.
Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes.

KiraResari
1 year ago#3
Good to know! I read through the entire tutorial for an hour or so, but either that was not mentioned, or it was so much that I forgot it.

Either way, thanks for clearing that up. I'll keep an eye on that from now on. =^,^=
www.tri-tail.com

User Info: StucklnMyPants

StucklnMyPants
1 year ago#4
Yeah, for whatever reason it's not mentioned at all. Also, you should note that that only applies when you attack with a weapon. When you do a normal attack (just by activating the character), they attack with their full range.
Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes.

KiraResari
1 year ago#5
That!
...is a very useful tip! I wish I would have known that before. I might have been able to get that chest.
Thank you very much for pointing that out! =^,^=
www.tri-tail.com
  1. Boards
  2. Knights in the Nightmare
  3. Range not spreading to lower elevations?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A

How do I trigger the endings? General3 Answers
Used game how do I reset it? Tech Support1 Answer
Harder difficulties/Leveling? General3 Answers
In scene 23.5 how can i get the ancardia? Side Quest4 Answers
How do I save my progress? Tech Support2 Answers